TPG Community

Get online support

Unable to send email on android phone

Joe_a
Level 2
No. I only have one phone. There is nothing wrong with the phone. What is the meaning of that error message and what is this previous abuse it refers to???
Riezl

Can you send us the screenshot of your phone's mail server settings, @Joe_a?

Joe_a
Level 2
Like i said i use the setttings straight from tpg website. Surely isnt something related to the message i receive about previous abuse? What abuse have i committed?
Riezl

Our system normally tag it as "abused" if we are detecting that the email is being used for spamming or if the email is infected with a virus and it  is being used to send spam mails. Also, if we detect that your email is used outside Australia, we tag it as abused for security purposes to ensure that your email/account is not compromised.

Thus,we advise our customer to change the email password through TPG My Account.

We'd like to see that actual mail server settings on your mobile phone so we can further check and raise the matter with our Postmaster.

Joe_a
Level 2

**sigh** yet again and my frustration is getting worse. Do you actually read my posts?

I sent you my incoming and outgoing settings as attachments yesterday. They are the settings used and shown from the tpg website. The same settings I use on my personal computer that I have no issues sending or recieving mail from!

Secondly I am not a spammer and do not send out spamming emails nor any emails which contain viruses or malware. I have not left Australia in over 5 years. And like I have already mentioned many many times yet again in previous posts, I have changed my email password on many occasions.

Riezl

Apologies, @Joe_a. We have raised the issue to our Postmaster and you may try to check if you can now send emails using your Samsung Mobile.

Riezl

Hi @Joe_a, we'd like to know if you are still having issues. Feel free to drop us a message should you need further assistance. Thank you.

Peterdb
Level 3

Hi

I am having exactly the same problem as Joe.

My email settings are also exactly the same as TPG setting , and indeed I have tried setting up the account manually and deleting my account and letting it do it automatically.

I recieve emails perfestly on my phone but when sending them the emials just go to the outbox saying "couldn't send."

All other devices I use 2 PCs and a tablet all send and recieve fine,

I have read many notices in the web with people with the same problem with Android phones yet some phones work fine? 

Can anyone help?

Riezl

Hi @Peterdb, we'd like to raise your concern to our Postmaster. Please send us a private message with the email address you're having issue with. To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community