TPG Community

Get online support

Unable to send email on android phone

Joe_a
Level 2
I am unable to send emails on my samsung phone. I have no issues sending on my personal pc or via tpg post office.
I receive messages such as error 535.5.7.8 and error 550..
18 REPLIES 18
Riezl

Hi @Joe_a, the reason why you're experiencing this is due to an unplanned email outage and this is posted on our Service Status Page.

To view more updates, you may visit this link:

Service Status
https://www.tpg.com.au/servicestatus.php?category=30&timeframe=now

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Joe_a
Level 2
Ive been having this issue for quite some time now. It didn't start today
BasilDV

Hi @Joe_a,

Once the outage has been resolved, let's check the email issues that you are experiencing.

As of the moment, we can't do anything until the issue within our mail server is resolved.

Our network Engineers are actively working to resolve the issue at the earliest.

You may check our Service Status Page located here for updates: https://www.tpg.com.au/servicestatus.php?category=30&timeframe=now

Regards,

BasilDV

Joe_a
Level 2

what outage?? your service status page indicates that there are no issues. 

Secondly, does this mean that there has been an outage for over 6 months, because this is how long if not longer I have experiencing this problem. It is only until recent times that it is been reported here

Riezl

We understand that you have been experiencing this issue for over 6 months now and we'd be glad to investigate further. Though our Service Status Page shows that the email outage has been lifted, we are still coordinating the matter with our Network Engineers to check for any possible underlying issue, @Joe_a. We'd be glad to assist you and we'll revert to you once an additional update is received.

Joe_a
Level 2
Is there any update?
Riezl

Hi @Joe_a, you mentioned that you're not having issues sending email on your personal computer or via TPG Post office.

We are suspecting that this issue has something to do with the Samsung Mobile Email settings. Did you try to contact Samsung about this?

Joe_a
Level 2
**sigh**. Wow. It has only taken you this amount of time to finally read my original post that it is only an issue on my phone. This is so ridiculous and i am so frustrated. There are no issues with my settings because i have used the settings from the tpg page on setting up emails on a mobile device. Maybe you didnt read the constant posts i have written about the error message i keep recieving when i try to send an email. Well I'll post i again.
If you cant help maybe a higher immediate escalation is needed to sort out this issue
Riezl

Apologies, @Joe_a. Did you try to set up the email on a different mobile phone?