TPG Community

Get online support

Unable to top-up, and payment details not updated 2 days after I did so

davidd02
Level 2

Hi.

Very similar to other people with the change over to myaccount.tpg.com.au: 1) balance has fallen to 7 cents as no longer debited automatically from our bank account, but when try to make a payment, I encounter:

"This feature is only available when paying with a credit or debit card. Please update your payment details and we will automatically debit you for any outstanding amount owing."

So, if I try to alter this to a credit card by hitting the button, I get a statement of the prior account arrangements, but no way to alter these.  Two days ago, when I went through

https://cyberstore.tpg.com.au/your_account/index.php?function=changeccdetails2

I changed the arrangements to be via credit card, but nothing has changed. Of course I have spent 10 hours now waiting for 2 call-backs from the "service" team.

Even getting an account on this forum so I could whinge took two hours for the verification email to make its way to my TPG email account!

The really bizarre detail is that I went through this rigmarole for our other mobile phone account in December, and successfully topped this up via bank account direct debit, but this too has dropped to only $3, and surprise, surprise cannot be topped up either...

Cheers.

5 REPLIES 5
Angeli

Hi ,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Are you trying to update your payment method for your TPG mobile account? Please log in to TPG My Account with your mobile number and use the same password then click on "Payment Details" located at the left side of the page.

For mobile top up request, just click on "Top Up Prepaid Balance".

Let me know if you require further help.

Regards,

Angeli

davidd02
Level 2

Dear Angeli.

If I choose this option (via Firefox 96.0), I get (myaccount.tpg.com.au/payment-details):

Billing Details: Monthly, Period: Online; Invoice Type: accompanied by email; Next invoice: 09/02/2022

Payment Method: Direct Debit....

There is NO option to change this.  If I use your TPG App, I see:

Current Details" Payment Method: Credit Card....

So there is no agreement between my main account (for NBN) and the new fangled myaccount

I hope you can clear this up, thanks, David.

davidd02
Level 2

Doesn't seem to be a browser problem, as I  have exactly the same problem using myaccount.tpg.com.au/payment-details from my Android phone browser (Bromite), in that it shows the (now out-of-date bank account details), but does not offer any way to change these details.

Yours, David.

davidd02
Level 2

So, this is 4 days now without my phone working. This seems par for the course with TPG at the moment.

Ahra_G

Hi @davidd02

I have since raised the payment concern to our Mobile Support Team. 

Please wait for a call today in order for them to assist you further. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G