TPG Community

Get online support

Unauthorised money taken out

Natjason
Level 2
On June 22nd I called to ENQUIRE about internet to my new dwelling and the women I spoke to, I think her name was MG made a deal in which I can get two months free service if I pay the 99.95 start up fee, 10$ shipping as well as extra 20$ for something I didn't understand.

I told her at this stage I could not afford this payment due to bills and having just moved and so on.

So the women said I can pay it next week and I didn't have to commit to it. She said she will email or call me next week and I can decide if I want to go through with this.

However, I was not wanting to go down this route, as I was still thinking about it. She was very pushy! She said I can change my mind before that first start up fee.

Two hours later she rang me requesting my bank details and insured me that no money will be taken out until I am ready and that she required the bank details to give me the two months free internet??

So stupidly I gave this women my details.

I received a cancellation letter from Tpg, cancelling my service yesterday.

However, on the 23rd of June, 129.95$ was removed by Tpg from my account!

I called back to get a refund for this and the same women said she couldn't help me and put me to billing! The women in billing couldn't help me either and said I have to email the request back to the cancellation email!?

It’s very upsetting when someone is on a tight budget and explains this to your sales assistance and for this to happen.

I called again this money and the women in billing said the money was refunded on Friday the 1st of July. On the 7th of July I get refund for 20$!?

Where is the rest of the money? The women I spoke to on the 4th of July confirmed the refund was for $129.95, however only 20$ was refunded?

I want the rest of my money returned!!
5 REPLIES 5
Angeli

Hi @Natjason

Please send us a private message with your TPG account details and we'll check on your refund status. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Natjason
Level 2

I have been waiting over a fortnight for this payment to be put back in my account. I am speaking to a women now from the billing team and she says you do not have my bank details!? 

How come you were able to take out the money initially and refund a small portion to my account if you do not have my bank details!!? It's very unprofessional and now I feel as though you are all delaying it on purpose. 

Taking people's hard earned money like this is ridiculous. 

I will be taking this to the TIO office if it is not resolved in the next 24 hours!

Shane

Hi @Natjason

The refund $109.00 has been arranged and at the moment still in progress. We chased the refund to our Accounts Team and now awaiting for the updates. We will take this as a complaint and involve our Complaints Resolution Team on this particular case.

Regards,

I have been waiting over a fortnight for this payment to be put back in my account. I am speaking to a women now from the billing team and she says you do not have my bank details!? 

How come you were able to take out the money initially and refund a small portion to my account if you do not have my bank details!!? It's very unprofessional and now I feel as though you are all delaying it on purpose. 

Taking people's hard earned money like this is ridiculous. 

I will be taking this to the TIO office if it is not resolved in the next 24 hours!

Natjason
Level 2
Thank you for your response Shane,
I just received a phone call from one of the staff asking me to give my bank details to the accounts department.
However I spent about 45 minutes with a lady named Naomi over the phone this morning and have already given her my banking details.
Also you already have them on file because you took the money out in the first place…
Shane

Glad to know that you have been contacted by our Team. We will continue to keep an eye on this case, expect our team to contact you again for any updates with the refund. 

Thank you for your response Shane,
I just received a phone call from one of the staff asking me to give my bank details to the accounts department.
However I spent about 45 minutes with a lady named Naomi over the phone this morning and have already given her my banking details.
Also you already have them on file because you took the money out in the first place…