TPG Community

Get online support

Website hosting, Domain name hosting, and our website access

JJW
Level 3
Level 3

We now have a "website hosting 0-25MB" and "domain name hosting" services with TPG since 2002, also we have a email account with TPG.    We had a ADSL2/NBN with TPG before but it was cancelled last year. 

We put an simple website up in 2002, it was quite easy using Frontpage design and upload the page via our TPG account under " Manage your Website files" 

Recently we wish to update our website but found that the " Manage your Website files" link was missing from our account. so we can not access to our website anymore.  Emailed and called to TPG service desk many times and was replied with " we only have your website hosting and domain name hosting service" or " we don't provide your website space", " please contact your website developer"  over the phone or emails try to finalise my enquiry without solving my problem. 

I talked to an developer friend who offered help, he is confused with the TPG answers as well as there is no reason for our website hosting company doesn't provide website access to us. 

Also I have another question over "domain name hosting" service you billed me for 20 years. Our domain name regisgistration (paid every 2 years) has never been with TPG at all ( Melbourn IT before and IiiNET now) .  I am so confused with domanin name registratoin ( paid every 2 years), and domain name hosting paid every year. 

Iike many other customers in this forum, I am basically IT illiterate, I am so worried if I could express my problem correctly over the phone ( your service desk persons are nice but I think they are none IT professional as well so the question might not be accuately passed to your technical engineers) or emails. Hope in this forum I can obtain some usefull explanaitons and hope our website can have a fresh look soon. 

3 REPLIES 3
Rica_R

Hi @JJW,

You may refer to this Community post regarding the information about your Domain name hosting, and our website access: https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Website-and-domain-name-hosting-with-every-accoun...

Let us know if you need further assistance, thank you. 

JJW
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Jhoey,  thanks for quick reply!  i checked the link you mentioned, my problem is diffrent, there is blank under "Other Tools" section of My Account. I will try to PM you a screenshot of the accounts we have. 

can you advise if "domain name hosting" are different thing with "Domain name registration/renewal" ?  I googled "domanin name hosting" and found most websites are domain name registration/or renewal, which I paid to iiNet every 2 years for $44.   We have been billed every year of $99 byTPG  for this Domain Name Hosting. 

BasilDV

Hi @JJW

We'd like to check on this further.

Shoot me a PM with your account username for further checking.

BasilDV