TPG Community

Get online support

no service no roaming

tkfreschie
Level 2

I am currently travelling in Hungary, Europe.
My TPG SIM has roaming enabled on my account & I have roaming enabled on my mobiles.
My SIM says 'no service'. When I search for preferred networks, it lists Vodafone HU 2G and 3G. When I search available networks the Vodafone 2/3G says "forbidden"
I tried manual and automatic carrier selection on my Asus Android and my iPhone - same issue.
My friend also has a Vodafone SIM (Genuine) and she gets perfect roaming coverage here in Hungary.
I tried all of the suggested troubleshooting found here:
http://www.tpg.com.au/support/no_network.php

What is wrong with my SIM? It works perfectly in Australia and it stops working in Hungary in 2 different mobile phones while my friend's Australian Vodafone SIM works fine!?

Please help as I need my TPG SIM roaming in Hungary ASAP for 2 months. This is big $$$ for TPG. Help!

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
tkfreschie
Level 2

I just re-checked my TPG mobile account and found that my International Roaming was disabled. Weird as it is usually enabled on all other MSP's by default.
I have enable International Roaming. Hope this works.

Please close this support ticket.

Thanks,
Tiv
Thea

Hi @tkfreschie,

Welcome to the community!

I used your Community Details to locate your TPG account and was able to find a match.

We've seen that $500 direct debit payment is currently in progress and it will take within 3-4 working days for the transaction to be completed. Once the payment is posted on your account, kindly restart your phone and test the roaming service. 

You may refer to the links below should you need further assistance : 

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/SIM-Only-Plans/How-to-activate-International-Roaming/m-p/5156

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/SIM-Only-Plans/International-roaming-troubleshooting-guide/m-p/6138

Regards,

tkfreschie
Level 2

Hi Thea,

Mr *** ***

Plan ID ****

Phone Number ****

Service Type 152: T4G Large

Status Active

I am still traveling in Hungary, Europe.I am re-visiting this post because my int roaming still does not work!

My TPG SIM has roaming enabled on my account & TPG have direct debited their $500 roaming bond on 07/08. I have roaming enabled on my mobiles.

My SIM still says 'no service'. When I search for preferred networks, it lists Vodafone HU 2G and 3G. When I search available networks the Vodafone 2/3G - it says "forbidden"

When I try to connect to the network manually, I get "can't connect to this network. Try again later". It's been 5 days since the direct debit of the roaming bond went through! I have re-inserted my TPG SIM & power cycled my mobile countless times.
I tried manual and automatic carrier selection on my Asus Android and my iPhone - same issue on both handsets.

My friend also has a Vodafone SIM (Genuine) and she gets perfect3G roaming coverage here in Hungary on in my Asus and her iPhone.
I tried all of the suggested troubleshooting found here:
http://www.tpg.com.au/support/no_network.php

What is wrong with my SIM? It works perfectly in Australia and it stops working in Hungary in 2 different mobile phones while my friend's Australian Vodafone SIM works fine!?

Please help as I need my TPG SIM roaming in Hungary since 29/07 for the next 2 months. I have already lost 2 weeks not being able to roam. This is big $$$ for TPG. Help!

Thanks
 Kind regards, Tiv

[Edited post due to security reasons]

Erika

Hi @tkfreschie

Apologies for trouble and appreciate all the details and checks you've carried out to isolate this case. 

I've now raised this case to our Mobile team as a matter of priority. 

We will be keeping a close eye on your case and will provide you with updates where possible.

Erika

Hi @tkfreschie

Our Mobile team has informed us that they've refreshed the services. 

Please retest and let us know should you need further assistance. 

Cheers!

Erika

Hi @tkfreschie

Thanks for updating us via Email.

We’re glad to hear the issue is now resolved. 

Feel free to bump this thread should you need further assistance. 

Cheers,