What is International Roaming?
International Roaming or Global Roaming gives you the freedom to use your mobile phone in more than 170 countries – as easily as you do when at home, day or night. You can keep in touch with your family and friends as if you were in Australia. You'll feel as if you've never left at all.
Why Activate International Roaming?
International Roaming allows you to use the same local mobile number while you're overseas, regardless which country you go to. Connecting to the available service network on your country destination, you would be able to use your mobile for calls, text and data. Most smart phones nowadays are compatible to different countries, so there's no need to get a new handset. When being contacted by someone in Australia, the charges to the caller will just be regular local rates.
How to Activate International Roaming:
Check out the guide below on how to get International Roaming started.
1. Log in to the My Account section of the TPG website https://www.tpg.com.au/home/myaccount
2. After logging in, look for View All Mobile Service Accounts
3. Click on Mobile Service Control Panel
4. Look for International Roaming. If status is showing Disabled, click See Further Information
5. Tick Enable as the Desired state for International Roaming
6. Agree on the terms and conditions
7. Click the submit button to Activate International Roaming
Things to remember: