TPG Community

Get online support

20-40% packet loss when playing online games

MattHunter
Level 2

Hi, 

I often playing and stream online games, mainly Call of Duty: Warzone. Over the last week severe packet loss (20-40%) making the game completely unplayable. The strangest part of the situation is that my mate that i play with, also with TPG, will also get the severe packet loss BUT we will alternate who gets it. For example, i will experience it for the first 2 games and then be fine for the next 2, but he will be fine for the first 2 and then experience it for the next to. This problem only occurs to my mates that are with TPG. 

11 REPLIES 11
gizmorusso
Level 3

I too am getting 20% packet loss in warzone the last 3 weeks. It is random but the packet loss is there most of the time. 

Mont86
Level 2

Yep, same issue. Can't wait to be told to restart my router and check the game settings though. *rubs hands together*

We play in a group of four, two with TPG, two with iiNet. Guess which two get packet loss.

gizmorusso
Level 3

Same I play with 10 others and its only myself and one other with tpg that have started with packetloss

MattHunter
Level 2

When i called to try and sort the issue i was told to reset my router and then they wanted me to get the IP of warzone so they could test it, and when i told them i dont think i can do that they told me that my case will most likely get thrown out because i didnt give them the IP

antonio94
Level 2

This is embarassing, same to me. 12 days now, only australian servers and not all of them. If i quit the server and i research for another game a couple of times problem solved. Support doesnt help, they ask you for tests when i do not even know how i can get the IP address of Warzone Servers. This is getting to far, considering to change provider soon if this doesn't get fixed shortly, expecially with lockdown internet is something that needs to be working properly. It's obvious that is a problem and is still not addressed and not solved.

Joseph_D

Dear All,

I'm sorry to read that most of you are experiencing packet loss when playing Call of Duty: Warzone,

I am curios if aside from this game, do any of you experience the same issue with other  online games while using TPG connection?

For the packet loss of COD Warzone, is the issue time specific? all day? or you cannot say?

We are aware of an issue that is affecting some customers accessing CoD Warzone.

We have escalated this to the relevant people, who are investigating the issue as we speak. 

Kind regards,

Joseph D

mike999302
Level 2

I am also getting periods of 20 - 40% packet loss in warzone over the last two to three weeks. 

Normally in the evenings but i don't play much during the day.

Shane

Hi @mike999302,

Are you still having packet loss on Warzone? If so, we'd love to help and check the connection. Shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

I am also getting periods of 20 - 40% packet loss in warzone over the last two to three weeks. 

Normally in the evenings but i don't play much during the day.

Lyle887
Level 2

Packet loss happens when a packet doesn't make it there and back again. Anything over 2% packet loss over a period of time is a strong indicator of problems.

skylight paycards