TPG Community

Get online support

535 5.7.8 [TPG-A02] Authentication denied.

SOLVED Go to solution
Jed
Level 3
Level 3

COULD I PLEASE GET SOME ADVICE REGARDING THE FOLLOWING:-

The response from the remote server was:

535 5.7.8 [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User xxxxxx@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse.

As noted in other threads I have reset my password multilple times but without any luck. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @Jed

The ban has been lifted.

Could you please try sending emails via Gmail again?

BasilDV

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
BasilDV

Welcome to the Community @Jed.

It looks like the server marked your account as spam, which is why it is banned.

Are you able to send out emails via Post Office?

BasilDV

Jed
Level 3
Level 3

Yes I can send emails via the Post Office just can not when I use the SMTP server via gmail.

BasilDV

Thank you for the confirmation @Jed.

We'll check this with our Post Master and provide you with the updates once available.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @Jed

The ban has been lifted.

Could you please try sending emails via Gmail again?

BasilDV

Jed
Level 3
Level 3

That seems to have resolved the issue....thank you. 

BasilDV

Glad that it's been sorted.

Have a good day!

BasilDV

Jed
Level 3
Level 3

This issue has arisen again. I have no idea how and why my profile is being targeted seeing as I've changed my Password. PLEASE re-instate my SMTP access ASAP. This is very fustrating and I would like it investigated.

Ahra_G

Hi @Jed

Were you sending to the same recipients when you got banned previously? 

You may check the reasons why on this link: Cannot Send Email Rejected by the Server/Banned from using SMTP

If you've managed to reset your password, please send the error message via PM including the header of the email so we can have it checked by our PostMaster. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

This issue has arisen again. I have no idea how and why my profile is being targeted seeing as I've changed my Password. PLEASE re-instate my SMTP access ASAP. This is very fustrating and I would like it investigated.

Jed
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, I send emails to a variety of people, so no it would not have been the exact same recipients and never more than a few a day so I can not see how that's abuse. I have changed my password in the past only to be banned soon after. The problem seems to be at your end.....changing the password every 4 weeks and asking you to re-instate my SMTP is not an option for me. I need my email to work at the time I need to send an email. Here is the error message is receive:- 

The response from the remote server was:

535 5.7.8 [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User xxxxxx@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse.

Please unlock the ban.

Thank You