TPG Community

Get online support

5G Home Broadband - Sagemcom Fast 5866T modem - WiFi keeps dropping

san_kar
Level 2

Dear Community members,

Just for the sake of completing the story here is the update:

1) Technician came to the house and did some basic checks but didn't find anything unusual that could be the root cause (Not sure if he had any special apps on his mobile for troubleshooting)

2) Technician was very friendly and helpful. He suggested we move the modem to different parts of the house to try pick-up a stronger 5G signal (though the modem didn't indicate a signal strength issue)

3) I tried moving the modem to different corners of the house after every "connection lost" incident without any improvement. The TPG team extended my free trial period to allow me to try different options. They genuinely tried to help.

4) I eventually returned the 5G modem to TPG and reinstated the NBN which was slower, but relatively speaking, more reliable.

5) Return process was quite painless

Thanks, TPG. You have a good team but perhaps the Quality of Service (QOS) technical solutions aren't available to them for Root Cause Analysis and resolution. Perhaps having different modems may help. That was not an option that was given to me.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers,

San_kar

miaandjoe5g
Level 2

I'm having the same problem