TPG Community

Get online support

5G Home Broadband - Sagemcom Fast 5866T modem - WiFi keeps dropping

san_kar
Level 2

Hi,

I've tried to migrate all my devices from my NBN router over to the new modem. We're given 7 days to try before it is switched over. What I've found is the following:

• my devices at random stay connected on the new WiFi but lose the internet connection
    • Tried resetting modem
    • Tried restarting modem and devices
    • Switching to NBN modem works immediately
  • iPad 2 which is 802.11a/b/g/n compliant says "Unable to join the network my_network_name" when I enter the password

As much as I like the idea of faster speeds this offering is not delivering it...yet.

Troubleshooting tips welcome.

TIA

11 REPLIES 11
Shane

Hey,

Thanks for raising this to us. We'd love to help get to the bottom of this, please drop me a Private Message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also include your best contact number and preferred time. We'll have one of our Technicians to contact you for real-time test and investigation.

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@san_kar wrote:

Hi,

I've tried to migrate all my devices from my NBN router over to the new modem. We're given 7 days to try before it is switched over. What I've found is the following:

• my devices at random stay connected on the new WiFi but lose the internet connection
    • Tried resetting modem
  • iPad 2 which is 802.11a/b/g/n compliant says "Unable to join the network my_network_name" when I enter the password

As much as I like the idea of faster speeds this offering is not delivering it...yet.

TIA

Shane

Thanks for sending us your details.

Expect a call from one of our Technicians tomorrow, let know how it will go and should you require further assistance.

Regards,

Hi,

• Tried resetting modem

TIA

jeffrey1
Level 2

Hi,

Just wondering if you were able to resolve the issues for san_kar?

I am having the exact same issue with my Sagemcom Fast 5866T, at least once a day it would randomly lose internet connection. The modem/router page on 192.168.1.1 shows internet is disconnected, but the physical lights on the modem itself are still showing full 4-bar 5G signal reception.

My PC is connected to the Sagemcom using ethernet cable, all other devices are connected through WiFi. None of these devices can access the internet when it goes down, but I can still access my local network (e.g. wireless printers, NAS etc.).

Restarting the modem fixes the issue temporarily, but it will go down again within a few hours. I'm working from home so can't really take the chance of random internet drop outs throughout the day.

Please let me know if there's any thing I can try to resolve the issue.

Thanks

nico2
Level 2

having a similar issue here, where wifi is very inconsistent and keeps dropping

Shane

Hey,

Are you only having issues with the stability of Wi-Fi connection? If so, we did an article that you may find helpful please see the link below.

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

If you need further assistance, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

having a similar issue here, where wifi is very inconsistent and keeps dropping

nico2
Level 2

Hi, I've already tried all these steps but I'm using ethernet and the 5g speeds compared to NBN 50 speeds are slower and less stable, I was consistently getting 50mbps and now I'm getting half those speeds.

BasilDV

Hi @nico2

Since you've already performed the basic troubleshooting for the issue, we'd like to arrange a call from our Tech team to check on this further.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number along with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

BasilDV

ckumar83
Level 2
Having the same issues. Speed test is great but connection is very slow and worse than the nbn.
Angeli

Hi @ckumar83

Welcome to TPG Community! 

I'll have our tech team to conduct a troubleshooting on your current connection. Let us have your TPG account number and contact details via private message.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

Angeli