TPG Community

Get online support

5G Internet Upgrade from NBN

Level 2

Good Morning Team,

I currently have NBN connection with TPG. About a month ago I upgraded to 5G internet and was given the modem. 

However upon installation, despite the signal being strong with nil issues, I was getting gabbage speeds which were noticeable. After days of back and forth with TPG Tech department, I was told it was an issue with the Tower and they didn't have an ETA on when this will be fixed.

Thus I had to return the modem and cancel my 5G internet and go back to NBN.

One month later (now), I ring up to check if the tower issue has been fixed so I can decide on whether to sign up for 5G internet. For whatever reason, nobody in Tech support & sales team can tell me if the issue has been fixed and advised to just sign up for 5G anyways and if it doesnt work again, then send the modem back again.

Like what???? that's the solution TPG???

Can anyone in your TPG team be able to advise if it's all good to go ahead with the 5G internet signup?

The area is Cliff Rd, Epping NSW 2121.

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Welcome to the Community @7061007.

We'd like to have a better understanding of the case and check if there's any update from the Tower issue.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number (Both NBN and old 5G account).

BasilDV