5G daily dropouts

PenGenobi
Level 2

This past week I've been having daily dropouts with my 5G home broadband service, averaging about 4 times per day. It usually starts with the internet dropping out (router lights are on, I can access the router user page, and it shows the internet status as "connected"), and then the modem/router (sagemcom fast 5866t) automatically restarting (all lights go out) after 6-7 minutes. Once it reboots, the internet returns.

There have been times when I manually rebooted the router after the dropout, and just as before, the internet returns. This leads me to believe there is something wrong with the router. I am connected via ethernet cable, so this isn't a wifi issue either.

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @PenGenobi 

Aside from rebooting the modem/router, have you tried to factory reset it?

If not, please try it first before we determine that there's a problem with the device.

Also, kindly send us a private message with your account details for further checking.

BasilDV

PenGenobi
Level 2

Hi BasilDV, thanks for the reply.

I think I might have fixed the issue. One of my devices was set to use a static IP address instead of DHCP, and when I set it to "forget" the network and reconnect with DHCP, it significantly reduced the dropouts and restarts (probably once or twice these past 3 days, mostly at night). Not sure if it was coincidence or not, but things seem okay now.

There's something else I'd like to ask about, if you don't mind. My router software seems to have been updated yesterday to a newer version. Can I confirm that this is something that happens automatically from TPG?

Angeli

Hi @PenGenobi

For TPG supplied modem/routers, modem firmware are automatically updated to ensure network security and stable connection.

Regards, 

Angeli