TPG Community

Get online support

5G home broadband 3.5mb download - superslow

peterjov
Level 2

hi all,

i have signed up to TPG 5G home broadband 2 weeks ago. Sagemcom fast 5866T modem.
For 2 weeks TPG has been working on my local tower, they subscribed me before the tower was ready.
Now my modem is connecting, however i only get 3.5mb speed down and 6mb up.
my modem config page tells me that im connected to 5G NSA, my signal strength is -117dBm.
RSSI -117
RSRP -57
RSRQ -11

modem lights all solid light and green
ticket# 12699665
ticket# 12721999

my tower is line of sight 720m away, no obstructions. modem is on 2nd floor front window, pointing directly to the tower, with no trees, no power lines, no obstructions. NO EXCUSES !

its been 2 weeks, TPG lift your game !

9 REPLIES 9
Shane

Hi @peterjov,

Let us help check what causing slow speed with the 5G home broadband service. Could you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you have performed so far also shoot us a PM with your details to proceed with the initial assessment.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

hi all,

i have signed up to TPG 5G home broadband 2 weeks ago. Sagemcom fast 5866T modem.
For 2 weeks TPG has been working on my local tower, they subscribed me before the tower was ready.
Now my modem is connecting, however i only get 3.5mb speed down and 6mb up.
my modem config page tells me that im connected to 5G NSA, my signal strength is -117dBm.
RSSI -117
RSRP -57
RSRQ -11

modem lights all solid light and green
ticket# 12699665
ticket# 12721999

my tower is line of sight 720m away, no obstructions. modem is on 2nd floor front window, pointing directly to the tower, with no trees, no power lines, no obstructions. NO EXCUSES !

its been 2 weeks, TPG lift your game !

Jhaylen
Level 3

Thanks for that info.....I was contemplating going 5 G but I now feel it will be just as bad as my current connection.....don’t need any more hassle at this time of year....may be time to contemplate changing my provider in the new year.

JH

peterjov
Level 2
I'll choose to reply on this forum rather than private message so others can see whats going on.

Its pointless ringing support. The overseas operators just read a script from their computer, and the phone call is taken at their place of residence. I heard dogs barking, kids crying and traffic noise. Placed on hold for 30mins to be transferred to 3 different departments, all of which have no idea.

Troubleshooting. I have moved the modem around my house, reset it multiple times, powered cycled multiple times, reseated sim card multiple times. Today i got in the car and drove to 3 different vodafone 5g tower locations and powered cycled the modem at each location with varying distances from the tower. Each time i could only get 5mb download. This is TPG's 5g at its best in my location. Absolute rubbish
Shane

Hi @peterjov,

Appreciate the details. You need to send us your details privately for security purposes at the same time we will have to perform account validation with the details.

After that we can continue the discuss on this thread, I will wait for your details.

Regards,

I'll choose to reply on this forum rather than private message so others can see whats going on.

Its pointless ringing support. The overseas operators just read a script from their computer, and the phone call is taken at their place of residence. I heard dogs barking, kids crying and traffic noise. Placed on hold for 30mins to be transferred to 3 different departments, all of which have no idea.

Troubleshooting. I have moved the modem around my house, reset it multiple times, powered cycled multiple times, reseated sim card multiple times. Today i got in the car and drove to 3 different vodafone 5g tower locations and powered cycled the modem at each location with varying distances from the tower. Each time i could only get 5mb download. This is TPG's 5g at its best in my location. Absolute rubbish

knprashanth
Level 2
Even I have joined TPG 10 days back from two days my 5g broad band is dropping suddenly and reconnecting after some time not sure what is the issue and I tried changing the device location and reset device as well and multiple times calling the support no response and useless network
With no resolution provided they just dropped a message
TPG ticket #12724578. If you need to contact us for the duration of this ticket you may email us at techops@tpg.com.au or reply to this SMS
Shane

We note that our Engineering Team that this is the best speed you can get with 5G home broadband service due to network limitation. They advise to switch to NBN connection again to get a better connection. If you wish to proceed confirm your best contact time so we can arrange our Accounts Team to help us the migration.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @knprashanth,

Let us help check the status of the service and get to the bottom of this. Could you shoot us a PM with your details.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Even I have joined TPG 10 days back from two days my 5g broad band is dropping suddenly and reconnecting after some time not sure what is the issue and I tried changing the device location and reset device as well and multiple times calling the support no response and useless network
With no resolution provided they just dropped a message
TPG ticket #12724578. If you need to contact us for the duration of this ticket you may email us at techops@tpg.com.au or reply to this SMS

peterjov
Level 2

which one of you TPG moderators deleted my post, explaining that i got in the car, and went to x3 5G vodafone towers in my local area and only got 6mb download? 

why did you delete the post? are you hiding the fact TPG 5G service is absolute rubbish?
Im sure you will come back and say that TPG didnt deleted the post or something to cover yourselves.

Im cancelling, TPG is a complete waste of time and effort.

Good luck to those of you who have the service working, hope you get many hours of trouble free internet and dont hold your breath if you need support, in facits of communitation, TPG just have no idea.

BasilDV

Hi @peterjov

We do not delete any post of our customers.

We understand that the service in your area was already the best we can provide for the 5G home broadband service.

In order to terminate the service, kindly send us your preferred time and best number to be contacted via PM for us to arrange a call from our Accounts team.

BasilDV