TPG Community

Get online support

A couple of devices cannot connect to WiFi on occasion

brianjung541
Level 2

Hi, 

I've recently changed to TPG nbn 100MB fixed internet and I am quite happy with the speed and quality of it!

However, somehow a couple of devices cannot connect to WiFi through TPG provided modem on occasion. After a hr or two, TPG modem allows that device to connect to WiFi. and drops the connection from it later again. 

I don't have issues with other existing modem router currently connecting Smart TV, and printer, and iPad in the living room. The problem is that where TPG provided modem is located to close to my office room at home so I am relying on stable wireless connection of it for my working laptop at this moment. 

I don't think that we're connecting many devices to TPG provided modem given the bandwidth of nbn100 plan is meant to be because only 5 devices (2 wired clients, 3 wireless clients) are connected to internet. (Please refer to attched image)  Also we're NOT running any tracffic heavy device like P2P transition through any of device, all devices are just ipad and Smart TV.

Does TPG modem limits the number of device connection to internet at same time? or is there any configuration in modem settings might help resolving this irregular disconnection to Wifi issue?

I could see from configuration page illustrating 2.4GHz is only orange coloured and 5GHz is blue. is that related to that symptom? 

Thanks for reading this!

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @brianjung541,

When you say some of the devices cannot connect to the Wi-Fi, does that mean that when you type in the password, it gets an error message, or that the Wi-Fi will not let the device connect? Or are the devices connected, but the wireless signal will be lost due to some unforeseen circumstance? 

Could you shoot us a PM with your details to better understand the situation.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi,

I've recently changed to TPG nbn 100MB fixed internet and I am quite happy with the speed and quality of it!

However, somehow a couple of devices cannot connect to WiFi through TPG provided modem on occasion. After a hr or two, TPG modem allows that device to connect to WiFi. and drops the connection from it later again.

I don't have issues with other existing modem router currently connecting Smart TV, and printer, and iPad in the living room. The problem is that where TPG provided modem is located to close to my office room at home so I am relying on stable wireless connection of it for my working laptop at this moment.

I don't think that we're connecting many devices to TPG provided modem given the bandwidth of nbn100 plan is meant to be because only 5 devices (2 wired clients, 3 wireless clients) are connected to internet. (Please refer to attched image)  Also we're NOT running any tracffic heavy device like P2P transition through any of device, all devices are just ipad and Smart TV.

Does TPG modem limits the number of device connection to internet at same time? or is there any configuration in modem settings might help resolving this irregular disconnection to Wifi issue?

I could see from configuration page illustrating 2.4GHz is only orange coloured and 5GHz is blue. is that related to that symptom?

Thanks for reading this!