Level 2
Hi,

I am also having this issue, I received the email on the 11/2/21
I have the 100mbs plan an it has not changed to 200, only getting 92mbs

Thanks
BasilDV

Hi @Lmills81

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and can confirm that the free speed boost has been applied.

Did you test the speed via WiFi or Wired connection? If it's via WiFi, are you connected to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz network?

If via Wired, what type of Ethernet cable (Cat5, Cat5e, etc) are you using? 

You may also try the troubleshooting here: Slow speed issue

BasilDV

Lmills81
Level 2
Hi BasilDV,

I have tried both, and speeds are around the 92Mbps mark.
All cables are a minimum cat5e and I was using 5GHz on wifi.
Modem is an Asus RT-AC86U.
The speeds are the same as before the speed boost, can my area get 200Mbps

Thanks
Lmills81

Shane

Hi @Lmills81,

Thanks for the additional details. I was able to locate the account using the given details and escalated your concern about Complimentary speed boost to our network team is working to align the speed. We'd like to set your expectation that the NBN Speed Gift project is ongoing still and on trial phase. No ETR yet is available.

Hi BasilDV,

I have tried both, and speeds are around the 92Mbps mark.
All cables are a minimum cat5e and I was using 5GHz on wifi.
Modem is an Asus RT-AC86U.
The speeds are the same as before the speed boost, can my area get 200Mbps

Thanks
Lmills81

ssimpson085
Level 2

Hi all,
I also got the email offinging the complimentary speed boost for the period 5/03/2021 to 5/09/2021.

I'm still only getting the 50Mb/s rate.
Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I cant seem to PM a mod about this.

Thanks

Edit: Messaging is working now. Speed is the only issue now.

Shane

Hi @ssimpson085,

Thanks for raising this to us. I would love to help see the status of the NBN Complimentary Speed. Shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community.

Regards,

Hi all,
I also got the email offinging the complimentary speed boost for the period 5/03/2021 to 5/09/2021.

I'm still only getting the 50Mb/s rate.
Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I cant seem to PM a mod about this.

Thanks

Edit: Messaging is working now. Speed is the only issue now.

AlexS
Level 2

Replaced the Cat 5 cables incorrectly installed in our house with real Cat6 and achieve now 270/23 on NBN HFC.

5G WiFi 230/20 

For anyone like me before who gets speeds around 90 Mbps instead of the 200 there is a good chance that one  part in your setup does not have true Gigabit capability. If you use a network switch and its only rated 100 Mbps you wont get 200 on your computer. If you have an elderly computer the network adapter might be only 100Mbps. You need to check that out. Anything which is rated 100 Mbps wont do 200.

I tried it out, even if you have a Gigabit switch and use a short  network cable between the switch and your computer which is not a CAT5e/6 cable you wont get 200 Mbps. Every single component between your Gigabit router and your computer needs to be Gigabit capable, otherwise it wont work and you wont get the speeds TPG is offering as a trial at the moment.

itrooper
Level 2

It seems the TP-Link VR1600v is incapable of going over 100Mbps, so the best I can get is between 70-90Mbps.

But if I dust off my prehistoric Netcomm NF12 and plug it in, it surprisingly gives me 264.84 Down and 17.25 up.

So what the heck is wrong with the VR1600v firmware that's holding it back? I'll be using my dusty old Netcomm modem if it's gonna give me better speed until they figure out the firmware problems on the TP-Link modem.

BasilDV

Hi @itrooper

Welcome to the Community!

We have a number of customers who were able to get the speed boost with their TP-Link modem/router.

We'd like to know if you test the speed via Wired or WiFi connection?

What troubleshooting have you performed with your TP-Link modem/router?

BasilDV

itrooper
Level 2

I still stand by what I said about this cruddy TP-Link VR1600v.

Sometimes it gives me 200+, but most of the time it doesn't.

Yet my old Netcomm NF12, and my Netgear modems were both capable of going over 200+

That being said, do we need NBN Co to come inspect the fibre node to make sure the problem isn't coming from there?