TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL+2 Constantly Disconnecting and Reconnecting

RedVisor
Level 2

Hello,

We're currently having a problem with our modems disconnecting from the internet and then reconnecting every couple of minutes.  We've tried with both a Telstra Smart Modem 2 and a Telstra Frontier, both of which worked just fine with TPG as of mid-November.  We left for a trip to Canada after that, and my wife has just returned to find that this problem was suddenly occurring.

She has tried restarting the modems multiple times (both by physically unplugging them and by restarting them through the web page), but this has not resolved the issue.  Also, when one of the modems is briefly connected to the internet, our speeds that show on the modem's webpage are only about half of what we expect (i.e. around 2-3 Mbps instead of the usual 6 Mbps).  Our TPG username and password are correct in these modems' settings so that shouldn't be the problem.

Please call my wife (Joy... her number should be on file) to arrange a time to troubleshoot and/or book an appointment with tech support to examine the line.

Thank you,

Ryan

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @RedVisor ,

Welcome to the community!

We're sad to know about the dropouts affecting the service. We appreciate you taking time to post including the troubleshooting performed. We'd love to help get to the bottom of this, please PM us your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

In case you need a reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @RedVisor,

The issue has been raised to our Engineering Team. Assessment usually takes 24-48hrs and updates will be provided via SMS or Phone call when it becomes available. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!