TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL+ Slow speeds again...

steeleamina
Level 2

This is now the 4th time I've had to contact you guys over slow speeds. I don't know whether it's your software that is automatically slowing the speeds down over time, but now I can't even stream at 360p. 

I'm only 1.4km from the exchange, yet It feels like I'm dial-up. 

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/e1ddba30-730b-11e9-a387-7fa70eb0bd25

Speed test I've done multiple times and this was the highest I got, quite disappointing. 

I've had line checks and everything but yet over time my internet continues to die.

I feel very cheated with the amount of money I'm paying to what I actually get. 

It is great that it can be fixed periodically, but I need a permanent solution to this. 

My neighbour is on dodo ADSL+ and he's at 17mb/s consistently and we have the same Asus router, crazy compared to my 2.5Mb/s

Please help me resolve this issue... again.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Riezl

Hi @steeleamina,

We're sorry to know that you're having issues with the service again and we apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you.

We are detecting a line fault, possibly causing the issue and we have escalated this to our Engineering Team. The case engineer will contact you via SMS or a phone call before 6PM QLD time today to discuss the progression of the case.

Should you have a preferred contact number and time, please send it via PM. Thank you.

Riezl

Hi @steeleamina , we can see that our Engineering Team has been in touch via SMS advising that the issue has been lodged to Telstra who has committed to send a technician anytime between now and 16/May/2019. Your attendance is not required as they will only be checking the lines outside.

The team will continue to monitor this and the case engineer will contact you once a new update becomes available.

Should you have further queries, please let us know. Thank you.

steeleamina
Level 2

Thank you for the update, that is appreciated.

Any chance the question can be asked of Telstra as to why this fault wasn't fixed the last 3 times they've been out? 

While I understand Telstra sets their own times when it comes to reviewing cases like this, I'm just disappointed that it's going to potentially take so long. I've been trying to study for university, but it's quite difficult when I can't play lectures at full quality (360p). I've ended up having to use my "Telstra" mobile phone data.

Also, can you offer any ideas as to why both neighbours on either side of me who aren't with TPG have not had issues at all as I have? Their connections are still on ADSL2+.

Thanks

BasilDV

Hi @steeleamina,

We'll forward your query to our Engineering team for them to check with our third party provider (Telstra) for some answers.

We can't say much with the connection of your neighbours as we don't have any reference to compare the copper line quality and length.

Your assigned Engineer will be in touch with you for further updates once available.

Kind regards,

BasilDV