TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL connection dropout

Michaeln
Level 2
Hi there,

Over the past few weeks I have experienced multiple dropouts to my TPG ADSL connection. I wanted to see if there have been problems in the Mosman, NSW area? If not how do I go about getting it checked?

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
BasilDV

Good day @Michaeln,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and can see that there were minimal internet dropouts. However, we've seen that the speed of the internet was dropping due to signal interference. We've made some adjustment and the service should refresh. Your modem is now getting a 20784 Kbps Downstream and 1020 Kbps Upstream which is good compare to 5Mbps earlier.

If you are using a WiFi connection and the connection to it is dropping, you may check this link to help you improve your WiFi signal at home.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

Michaeln
Level 2
Hi there,

I am still experiencing issues with my internet dropping out / signal interference, could you please investigate further? Also could you let me know what could be causing these issues as it has only started within the past couple of weeks and I can think if nothing that has changed to cause this.

Regards
Shane

Thanks for additional information and getting back to us, @Michaeln.

Allow me to run another test on your connection and get back to you as soon as I got the result.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @Michaeln,

Initial test result shows multiple dropouts on your connection. I would like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for further test and investigation.

Kindly PM me your best  contact number and preferred time tomorrow.

Regards,

Thea

Thanks for sending your details via PM @Michaeln

We need to run real time test on your ADSL2+ line so we need you to be at home during the callback. Kindly advise when you will be at home for us to arrange a callback with one of our senior technician.

Also, if you may provide the details for the below questions : 

* What is the make & model of your modem?

* How many wall sockets you have in the premise? 

* Do you have a home phone? If YES, are you using a splitter? 

* Have you tried using a diff. modem, phone cable or splitter? 

Shane

Hi @Michaeln,

Thanks for sending me your details.

I will arrange one of our Technicians to call you tomorrow between 10AM-12NN. In case you would like to move the call at a different time, do not hesitate to let us know.

Regards,

Michaeln
Level 2
That time works well.

Appreciate the service.
Shane

You're welcome @Michaeln. I'll keep an eye on this. We'll talk to you tomorrow and let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @Michaeln,

I've seen that you have been in touch with one of our Technicians today and the connection issue has been raised to our Engineering Team for further test and investigation.

Rest assured feedback be provided by the Assigned Engineer where is possible

Let me know should you require further assistance.