ADSL line dead

dwhea
Level 2
My ADSL connection in Pennant Hills has been very flakey for 6 months or more. I have beared with it as it would usually come back in an hour.

However last night the ADSL line is completely dead and this morning it is still dead.

TPG please fix this issue. It's not a bug with my modem.
4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @dwhea,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the line, but was not able to detect any fault.

We've detected that the modem is already receiving a sync, but won't authenticate because of the incorrect configuration.

We'll arrange a call from our Tech team to look into it and help you configure the modem in order to get the internet working.

They'll be in touch with you between 12PM - 1PM today.

Regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @dwhea,

Our Tech team tried to call you to no avail.

Do you have any preferred time or number for them to try again?

Please send it via PM so we can arrange another call in order to resolve the issue. You may also contact our Tech team directly at 13 14 23 Option 2 + 2 for real time support.

How to send a PM? Click here.

Regards,

BasilDV

dwhea
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV ,

The DSL light on my modem was flashing from Friday night to Sunday morning.

Corresponding to your update, when I returned home Sunday afternoon, the DSL light was solid. I had not changed anything on my modem configuration. Are you sure there was no modification made at the TPG or Line  end to fix my DSL light? I made no change on my end.

Anyway, on Sunday afternoon, I found that my DSL light is solid, and I then updated my authentication details in my modem to gain Internet access.

I would appreciate TPG transparency as to what was done on your end to fix my flashing DSL light, as I was without Internet access for 36 hours or more.

Thanks,

BasilDV

Hi @dwhea,

There was no modification that was made on the line.

We just refreshed the line by running a line test in order to check if there's a cut or fault within the copper network. It may have pushed the sync back to your modem.

We don't have any information on what happened to the configuration of the modem, but the configuration is suddenly gone. If you did not change anything or did not reset the modem, then it is very odd to happen.

Keep on observing your connection and don't hesitate to get back to us if the issue persists. You may also contact our Tech team at 13 14 23 Option 2 + 2 for real time support.

Cheers!

BasilDV