TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL line quality reduced tremendously

SOLVED Go to solution
asadulislam
Level 2

Hello TPG,

I am broadband adsl user since last 2 years at this same residence. My ADSL Line quality was very good since begning and DSL used to sync at 18mbps downwards. However line last 3-4 days it has reduced alot. 

Speed test result: http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/1aada420-7d16-11e8-90ce-d96e74141b29

See the result of my modem below. I have tried changing modem as well as Splitter , but result remains the same. 
I have visually inspected patching at my appartment mfd, it looks clean and tight. 

Can you please check at your end and advise what could be the issue? or port reset at your dslam??

Downstream

Upstream

TCM(Trellis Coded Modulation)

On

On

SNR Margin

8.2 dB

5.4 dB

Line Attenuation

24.3 dB

24.5 dB

Path Mode

Interleaved

Interleaved

Interleave Depth

Data Rate

6570 kbps

410 kbps

MAX Rate

8016 kbps

444 kbps

POWER

0.0 dbm

12.3 dbm

INP

1.9 symbols

1.9 symbols

CRC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @asadulislam,

I am glad to know that. In case you will experience any technical issue do not hesitate to open a thread. We are always here to help.

Have a lovely night!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @asadulislam,

Welcome to the community!

I went ahead and tried to pull up your account using your community details and I got a match.

I ran initial tests on your connection and there is no fault detected on the line however the speed on the line seems slower than the expected speed on your location.

I would like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for further tests and investigation.

Kindly PM me your best contact number and preferred time.

Regards,

asadulislam
Level 2

Hi Shane,

Just reached home and checked. Seems like problem is fixed.  SNR is good now and getting good syn rate and good download results.  Could be case of dslam port refresh. Your tests have fixed the issue.

Speed test; http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/2a70cfb0-7de1-11e8-87b8-e9a46936eeea

Thanks for your support.  Issue can be marked as solved!

Line Stats

Downstream

Upstream

TCM(Trellis Coded Modulation)

On

On

SNR Margin

8.1 dB

9.2 dB

Line Attenuation

16.9 dB

11.8 dB

Path Mode

Interleaved

FastPath

Interleave Depth

Data Rate

15789 kbps

1020 kbps

MAX Rate

17456 kbps

1104 kbps

POWER

0.0 dbm

11.3 dbm

INP

0.0 symbols

1.8 symbols

CRC

Shane

Hi @asadulislam,

I am glad to know that. In case you will experience any technical issue do not hesitate to open a thread. We are always here to help.

Have a lovely night!