TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL problems on THGP DSLAM

mfeodoroff
Level 3

I'm having problems tonight with my ADSL connection.  Download is OK, but UP is terrible causing issues with cloud syncing, online games, etc.

I'm on THGP exchange, but no outages shown on TPG Network Status page.

I've rebooted the router, but no luck.  What gives?

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @mfeodoroff

Welcome to the community!

I was able to pull up your account using your community details and ran initial test on your service and it shows connected for 23h 24m and getting a passing speed on the line.

I'd like to know what upload speed you're getting with the service. If you have not yet run a speed test please run a test using www.speedtest.net on your desktop/laptop connected via LAN/Ethernet if possible and post the test result on this thread.

Note: Please be advised that the maximum speed available on ADSL2+ connection is up to 1Mbps.

Regards,

mfeodoroff
Level 3

Hi Shane,

It's still rubbish.  I was playing destiny on my xbox last night when it couldn't maintain a connection with the servers, so I went to bed.  Speedtests last night and again this morning fail to complete on the upload (ping is consistently good. Upload speeds vary from 7 -11 Mbps and aren't as stable as they used to be).  I even downloaded the speedtest app for Win 10 and tried that...still no good (see attached screenshot).

This has been happening for a few days (maybe a week) now, and other people in The Gap (on other ISPs) are complaining too, so perhaps there's an issue in the backend?

Update - I just ran anotheer one from my phone and got:

Ping 49ms (slower than usual)

Jitter: 247ms (I've never checked jitter before, but this doesn't look great)

Loss : ---% (I'm assuming zero)

Down: 9.52Mbps

Up: 0.01 Mbps

mfeodoroff
Level 3

I've attached another error - from laptop running speedtest through a browser (Chrome).

Erika

Hi @mfeodoroff

I did further test on your connection and it shows that you're apparently using too much upload which causing your slow speed issue.

Most of the time, cloud applications are causing high upload such as iCloud, Google Drive, One Drive, etc. It can also be caused by automatic system upgrade.

If you have multiple devices, you can try to leave one device connected to the internet one at a time until you figure out which device is causing the high upload traffic. 

Nevertheless, if the issue persists even after isolating your devices, please let us know your best contact time and number via Private Message and we'll arrange a call from one of our technicians for you. 

For your reference, please see this link on How do I private message (PM) in the community.

Cheers!