ADSL to NBN move

deno54
Level 2

I was in the process of siging up for NBN50 with TPG. However when the process was almost complete, the matter of my VOIP phone raised. The operator made the assertion that my VOIP phone could not be ported from Transact/iinet to TPG. Please verify that this information is correct?  If not correct, how to do proceed as the operator has made this assertion more than once. Thanks in advance for your help.

6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Hi @deno54,

Welcome to TPG Community!

What type of VoIP service do you have with TransACT/iiNet?

Are you using a stand alone VoIP? In which you are using a configured handset and connected to the internet or the settings is configured to an ATA with a connected handset for it to work?

If not, are you using a bundled VoIP service plan?

We need more information for us answer your query clearly.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

deno54
Level 2

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately my understanding of these matters is limited, so I don't know the answer to your question. I'll provide a description of what the setup is as best I can.

The line (it used to be the telephone line) plugs into a modem router. One of the sockets on the back of the modem is for the (VOIP) phone. The VOIP phone service is an add-on to the VDSL broadband service I believe.

Does this provide any helpful information? Let me know if I need to provide a more technical answer.

Thanks again for your help.

Rica_R

Thanks for the additional information @deno54,

Based on the set up of your current VoiP service, it is almost the same with the set up of our voice service though it uses regular phone handset and it is connected to NBN provided modems via Phone 1 port. 

However, we are still uncertain of what type of Voip Service you have based on the set up. If you are able to verify if these are NBN bundled phone plan or a netphone voip service, we can have a lead on this. 😊

deno54
Level 2

I believe it is a netphone based on what is listed on a recent invoice!

BasilDV

Hi @deno54,

Who is your current provider? Is it iiNet or TransACT?

And are you on an ADSL2+ service or NBN service technology?

Kind regards,

BasilDV

deno54
Level 2

Hi BasilDV,

Who is your current provider? Is it iiNet or TransACT? iinet issues invoices to me so I think they would be considered the provider, but I'm not sure where the border is between these organisations.

And are you on an ADSL2+ service or NBN service technology?

Definitly not NBN because iinet does not offer an NBN service in Kambah. Basically I believe I have an ADSL service, but it is listed as VDSL2 3 on the invoice.

I hope this information is helpful.

Cheers

Denis