TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL2+ Progressively getting slower

steeleamina
Level 2

I've had issues with the speed of the connection before and I have had a technician come out and fix it. However, over the past 6 months, I've seen our speeds go from 2.3MB/s downloading to less than 500kb/s. When having 2 people who are gamers trying to share a connection this bad, there is a lot of frustration I can't even stream youtube unless its 480p.

I'm quite unhappy with the speed, if someone could figure why its gotten progressively slower, that would be great.

I am aware that NBN is available in our area, but I'm not able to pay the $300 install fee at the moment.

Speed test:

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/79f55450-38c3-11e9-bf59-9d97d3cd5368

If you need any more information, let me know.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Will

Hi @steeleamina

Thanks for raising this with us.

I performed some diagnostic tests and I can see that the speed of your connection is lower than what we're expecting for your location. Furthermore, we have detected a line fault that we need to raise to Telstra to have it fixed.

I have escalated your concern to our Engineering Team. Please expect to be contacted by one of our Engineers today before 12:30PM QLD time today. You will be contacted either via SMS or phone call on the mobile number we have on file. Should you wish to have the number changed, send us a PM. For your reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Will

Hi @steeleamina

One of our Engineers has attempted to call you earlier to provide you the progress of the ticket. Unfortunately, they were not able to contact you.

We have already raised a ticket to Telstra to address the line fault we detected. An SMS was sent to you earlier providing the time frame as to when Telstra can check your line.

Further updates about the escalated ticket will be provided to you directly by our Engineering Team either thru SMS or phone call.

Regards,

steeleamina
Level 2

Hi Will,

Thank you for progressing this further. 

I didn't receive a phone call, I don't have any missed calls and I was with my phone the entire day so I'm not sure what went wrong there. 

But I did, however, receive the text msg about Telstra and I'm very pleased that it is getting seen to.

Thank you very much

Will

Hi @steeleamina

It seems like a Telstra technician has already checked your line. I can see that your connection speed has already improved. That being said, the ticket with our Engineering Team is still open and there may be additional updates that they may need to communicate with you thru SMS or call once we have the full report from Telstra.

Regards,