TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL2+ connection ridiculously slow

Johnny_Wen
Level 2

Hi

My home ADSL2+ been struggling to access the internet and it’s been few a weekd.

It's getting worst before I can had ~7M when I did the speedtest. now I'm only getting 1 - 2.5M (Already tried to trun odd the modem). And last 2 day my coonection kept dropping off (3 times already today).  As I need to Work From Home, can you please have me to check this issue asap.

10 REPLIES 10
JayeshP9

Welcome to TPG Community,

You can private message to me your customer ID, username, service address and mobile number so i can check status here.

regards

JayeshP9

Johnny_Wen
Level 2

HI, Please let me know if you got my message.

Johnny_Wen
Level 2

Just sent another one.

JayeshP9

Thanks for providing your details.
Now I am need more details about set up.

How many socket  you have?

How's socket condition? good or dusty or corroded

Anything else connected with any other socket? if yes then it has splitter/filter for it.

which modem are you using?

Are you able to check dial tone? is that clear or noisy

regards

JayeshP9

Johnny_Wen
Level 2

Hi,

I only have 1 socket and condition is ok I think.

I had a adsl filter on it. and it have connected with my home phone and my modem.

My modem is TP-Link N600. And I just checked my dial tone, I can hear little bit noisy..

BTW, I had issue with my internet before (in March 2020). soomeone in your team had send someone (from telstra) to my house and fix it.

JayeshP9

Thanks for providing details.

I want to perform few test here so can you disconnect your splitter, modem and phone from socket and let me know. I will advise  you for reconnection once i finish my test here.

regards

JayeshP9.

Johnny_Wen
Level 2
ok. I just disconnected everything from the socket.
JayeshP9

Hi Johnny_Wen,

Its lookalike line issue here so i have created ticket for our Engineer to check your case, I have noted that you have Home phone with other provider so if phone line is noisy then you need to contact them to fix that noise. for your reference yout ticket number is 59636406. Now you can connect your phone, modem and splitter back as before.

Regards

JayeshP9.

Johnny_Wen
Level 2

Hi, so your Engineer will update me wbout this (by email or SMS)?.

And last time I had disconnected issue and your team team Riezl had help me to work with your wholesale partner Telstra to fix my issue. As I don't know what to tell him..

Are you or the enginner able to help me to raise this to Telstra?

Regards