TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL2+ speed degradation

plumptonparish
Level 2
Hi,
Our office has been with TPG ADSL2+ for a few years now, and have noticed that the speed has degraded so much recently that some websites and applications are unusable, due to the extremely slow download.

I don't think there have been any changes to the setup and cabling. All computers are connected via Ethernet cable.

We're in the Plumpton NSW area, but apparently the address will not be serviceable by NBN for a while yet.

What are our options to improve the performance? We don't feel were getting value for the amount we pay for our current plan.

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
david64
Level 15

Hi @plumptonparish . What down and up speeds do you get on the TPG speed test?

Do you know your approx distance from the Telstra exchange?

Look at the DSL stats in the router. They show the down and up link speeds on the phone line. Also, error rate and SNR. The speeds in speed test will be a little less than the DSL line speeds. Your speed could be affected by a line fault.

Options. 4G home wireless is a bit faster than ADSL.

5G home wireless is a lot faster but may not be in your area.

More info on tpg.com.au.

Shane

Hey, plumptonparish.

Send us a Private Message with your contact details (Best contact number and preferred time). How do I private message (PM) in the community

Once the fault is fixed we will check what other connection type is available in the area to replace the ADSL2+.

Regards,

Hi,
Our office has been with TPG ADSL2+ for a few years now, and have noticed that the speed has degraded so much recently that some websites and applications are unusable, due to the extremely slow download.

I don't think there have been any changes to the setup and cabling. All computers are connected via Ethernet cable.

We're in the Plumpton NSW area, but apparently the address will not be serviceable by NBN for a while yet.

What are our options to improve the performance? We don't feel were getting value for the amount we pay for our current plan.

Thanks!