ADSL2 speed

simonandnick
Level 3

Was anyone else in the Leichhardt (NSW) area affected by the outage last week (19th-22nd Nov) and found that now the connection is restored that your speed is slower?

I had been getting download speeds between 4-5Mbps for the last 2 years but since the connection was restored on the 22nd I can't even get 4Mbps. This does not seem like much but it's the difference between barely streaming content to being unble to stream.

Have had several calls and emails to TPG, (switch it off and on again etc) but to no avail.

I can't stream movies but more importantly my online study course.

Has anyone else in the area found this issue or is it just my connection? 

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @simonandnick,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and have run some remote test.

We've seen that the modem is getting a good sync speed and the copper line does not show any fault which may cause the issue.

However, as I've run further checks, I was able to detect some noise interference which we need to investigate. I've made some adjustment to lessen the interference on your connection which is just temporary.

I will arrange a call from our Tech team to look into it further. Please shoot me a private message with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

Kind regards,

BasilDV