TPG Community

Get online support

AX5400 Hybrid(VX420-Gh) WiFi 6 TPG provided router WiFi turns off automatically every few minutes since today morning

vinayshs89
Level 3

I tried rebooting and then resetting the router via http://192.168.1.1/ but no difference. Internet connectivity is just fine if I plug in my laptop via an ethernet cable. I've been using this router for almost a year and a half without any issues and this problem started just this morning.

If I turn my router off and back on, then it works for a while and then the wifi lights on my router go off and wifi connectivity is gone on all my devices.

Please help.

6 REPLIES 6
alanguide
Level 7

Sounds like faulty router. I have the same one and Wifi is OK.

Shane

Hi @vinayshs89 

Let us help understand what is causing the modem to turn off automatically. Could you flick me a message with your details?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

I tried rebooting and then resetting the router via http://192.168.1.1/ but no difference. Internet connectivity is just fine if I plug in my laptop via an ethernet cable. I've been using this router for almost a year and a half without any issues and this problem started just this morning.

If I turn my router off and back on, then it works for a while and then the wifi lights on my router go off and wifi connectivity is gone on all my devices.

Please help.

vinayshs89
Level 3

So this morning, I unplugged the router again and tightened the attennas at the back of the router  and turned it back on. It seems to be working fine for the last couple of hours now. I will reach out if the problem comes back, thank you.

Shane

I am glad to know that the connection has improved. Feel free to update this thread in the event you experience the same issue.

So this morning, I unplugged the router again and tightened the attennas at the back of the router  and turned it back on. It seems to be working fine for the last couple of hours now. I will reach out if the problem comes back, thank you.

vinayshs89
Level 3

@Shane I think I spoke too soon. The problem is back. I will message you my details.

vinayshs89
Level 3

It has been working fine for a year and half and it started only yesterday morning.