TPG Community

Get online support

Access to Post Office denied

SOLVED Go to solution
Jaguar
Level 3

I have been trying to access my emails via TPG Post Office and continually get the following message -

Database Connection Failed

Atmail could not communicate to the database resulting in an error. To continue please check the following:

• Database username and password are correct
  • Hostname is authorized to connect to the database server
  • The software has been installed correctly and the database schema created
  • Validate your database connection details in the file config/dbconfig.ini

The error message returned from the server includes:

SQLSTATE[42000] [1203] User atmail already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

Once the database connection details have been resolved, reload your browser to continue with the session.

Will this resolve itself or do I need to take some action?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jaguar
Level 3

Have just checked the Post Office and the problem seems to be resolved. Why did it happen? Who knows.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
chk3033
Level 2

I have exactly same problem. rebooted and cleared bowser memory but no change.  Have also been subject to huge spam invasions of late and no matter what I set TPG spam rating to (Highest) it does not change things. 

Jaguar
Level 3

Have just checked the Post Office and the problem seems to be resolved. Why did it happen? Who knows.

BasilDV

Hi @Jaguar and @chk3033,

We apologise for the inconvenience as we experienced a downtime with our servers, which caused the issue with our Post office.

The issue is fixed and should work properly now.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Regards,

BasilDV

Jim1
Level 3

I have the same problem. How do I rectify it .

BasilDV

Hi @Jim1,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Our Post office is currently down, which is why you are unable to log in.

Our Engineers are already investigating the issue and they aim to restore the service around 12PM today.

You may refer to our service status page for further updates.

Regards,

BasilDV

Dons2000
Level 3

Hi BasilDV,

I'm having the same problem this morning.

There is no mention of this problem in TPG's service status page.

From these posts it looks like TPG have been having these server problems for a week or more.

Does TPG have a solution for fixing this on-going server issue?

Regards

Dons2000
Level 3

This problem with TPG's Post Office email system is now showing on TPG's service status page, indicating there is a 15 hour fix timeframe.

Riezl

We apologise for the inconvenience, @Dons2000.

Our Engineers are working on fixing the issue as soon as possible and further updates will be provided on our Service Status Page.

Dons2000
Level 3

Hi Riezl,

According to this series of posts and others on the TPG Community, this problem has been occurring for nearly two weeks.

It appears from the posts that TPG engineers have attempted fixes previously, but obviously they haven't worked because the problem keeps arising.

Will TPG's engineers fix the issue properly this time, or will this be an ongoing technology issue that TPG is incapable of fixing and customers will have to put up with?

Regards