TPG Community

Get online support

Adsl2+ connection incredibly slow for a week - can't work

gianni
Level 2

Hello, I am currently experiencing very slow (<2mbps) speeds on my adsl2+ and home phone service for the last week and it is making it extremely difficult to do basic functions online. As I need to be working from home, this is very problematic and I'm hoping to get it rectified asap. It is not a problem with the wifi as I have my computer connected via ethernet, have reset my modem, so I assume it is either the network or the connection.

I can't call you over the phone, and I'm not getting a response on chat.

Please help.

Postcode 4005

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @gianni,

Before attempting the troubleshooting steps, we recommend that you do the following below.

• Check our Service Status at https://www.tpg.com.au/servicestatus
  • "Power cycle" your ADSL modem. This means turning your modem off and waiting for one minute before turning it back on again. This allows your modem to reestablish connection to our server.

We've created an article that will guide you on how to troubleshoot a Slow speed issue.

In your case, our Engineers lodged a fault with Telstra as there's an evident fault within the copper network. Their attending technician managed to resolve the fault within the lead-in joint and the speed of your service is now back to normal.

BasilDV