TPG Community

Get online support

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 535 5.7.8 [TPG-A02] Authentication

SOLVED Go to solution
jphilbey
Level 3

Have changed password. Still cannot send emails via Mozilla Thunderbird for 2 days now.

Any help would be surprising but appreciated.

"An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 535 5.7.8 [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User blahblahblah@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse. Please verify that your email address is correct in your account settings and try again."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @jphilbey,

We're glad to know that the issue with your e-mail has been fixed, we'll be closing this ticket now.

Regards,

Have changed password. Still cannot send emails via Mozilla Thunderbird for 2 days now.

"An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 535 5.7.8 [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User blahblahblah@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse. Please verify that your email address is correct in your account settings and try again."

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
david64
Level 15

Hi jphilbey. Can you check the outgoing mail settings in Thunderbird: authentication is selected and to use same settings as incoming mail server.  And incoming mail server has userid and password set.

jphilbey
Level 3

Hi David

Sorry cannot send screen snips  but yes to all. No settings have been changed, my problem began when I was spoofed by return emails I didn't send the other day.

cheers

Shane

Hi @jphilbey,

Thanks for raising this to us.

Shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID) together with the affected e-mail address, we'll raise this to our postmaster for further investigation.

For reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Shane

Hi @jphilbey,

We're glad to know that the issue with your e-mail has been fixed, we'll be closing this ticket now.

Regards,

mdoruk
Level 2

Hi, I am just a new member here and wish to clarifiy some issues in relation to unable to send mail becuase my outgoing  is blocked by TPG following an abuse.In fact that is what it was, a hecker, perhaps, send mails from by contact list that I discovered afterward when friends  warned me.  My concern is this:  TPG has blocked it rightfully, but they did not let me know it was blocked and why it was blocked. I could  get mails ( no send), so a simple letter of information could saved hours of my time and TPG's.  

dsomer
Level 3

I have this exact error as well.

on Friday I reset my password and everything worked ok. I sent out 2 emails which worked perfectly and I also checked my Chromecast network was functioning and it was.

I then watched 3 hours of free to air TV and realised the my internet connection was not working....eventually I realised I had not changed my parsowrd in the actual modem which I then did....and after 15 minutes of 3 times rebooting my modem from wothin the modem router software my internet returned as did my chromecast......I still received emails over the easter weekend but just now trying to SEND emailsis a complete disaster with this error:-

Sending of the message failed.
An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User dsomer@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse. Please verify that your email address is correct in your account settings and try again.

HELP!!!!!

Shane

Hi dsomer.

There are 2 common reasons why customers are getting this error message.

1. TPG e-mail servers detected some virus or malware on the e-mails that you are sending.

2. TPG e-mail server has detected that your account is sending message to a large number of recipients; Unsolicited bulk email (UBE) / Unsolicited commercial email (UCE).

You can follow the simple steps below to fix this issue:

1. Change you TPG account password online: https://www.tpg.com.au/home/myaccount

2. After changing the password Wait for 15-30 minutes before testing the mail.

Note: If you are sending e-mails to a large number of recipients (Exp: More that 50 recipients) please enable the SMTP authentication on the e-mail client settings to avoid getting banned by the server.

Let us know how it will go. 

I have this exact error as well.

on Friday I reset my password and everything worked ok. I sent out 2 emails which worked perfectly and I also checked my Chromecast network was functioning and it was.

I then watched 3 hours of free to air TV and realised the my internet connection was not working....eventually I realised I had not changed my parsowrd in the actual modem which I then did....and after 15 minutes of 3 times rebooting my modem from wothin the modem router software my internet returned as did my chromecast......I still received emails over the easter weekend but just now trying to SEND emailsis a complete disaster with this error:-

Sending of the message failed.
An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User dsomer@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse. Please verify that your email address is correct in your account settings and try again.

HELP!!!!!

dsomer
Level 3

Please tell me in simple terms how to do what you suggest.

I am really ok with handilng my computer having been an internet user since 1994 however I am also approaching 70 years of age and that answer does not tell me what to ACTUALLY do.

many thinks in advance