TPG Community

Get online support

Banned from SMTP AUTH

rousself
Level 2
rror 5.7.8 [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User XXXXXX@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse

I am able to use the web browser to send/receive but my pop/smtp is not working. This is very frustrating as I would like to use my outlook program rather than the webbrowser. 

I have reset my password, reset account by removing in outlook and then reconnecting and still get the error. 

It looks like TPG has to lift this ban so that i can complete my emails. HELP!!!
Thanks
rousself
16 REPLIES 16
Riezl

Hi @rousself,

Welcome to TPG community!

There are 2 common reasons why customers are getting this error message.

1. TPG e-mail servers detected some virus or malware on the e-mails that you are sending.

2. TPG e-mail server has detected that your account is sending message to a large number of recipients; Unsolicited bulk email (UBE) / Unsolicited commercial email (UCE).

You can follow the simple steps below to fix this issue:

1. Change you TPG account password online: https://www.tpg.com.au/home/myaccount

2. After changing the password Wait for 15-30 minutes before testing the mail.

Note: If you are sending e-mails to a large number of recipients (Exp: More that 50 recipients) please enable the SMTP authentication on the e-mail client settings to avoid getting banned by the server.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

mfeodoroff
Level 3

I'm getting this too...coincides with me being overseas and needed email for job interview.  

If TPG is actively blocking users, perhaps an informative email to the user would be in order?

I've changed my pasword, but fail to see how this will help.

I'll go have breakfast and see if it works when I return to the hotel.

Shane

Hi @mfeodoroff,

You may need to change the SMTP server, depending on the ISP you're connected to. Please confirm if you're getting banned error message if so, changing your TPG account is one of the resolutions on this issue and it usually takes 30mins for the banned status to be lifted.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @mfeodoroff,

We are glad to know that the email issue has been rectified. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

UserX
Level 2

Hi Shane, Sorry, am I missing anything here about what the solution had worked to remove the ban of SMTP?

I have been facing this problem and TPG Tech Support hasn't been able to resolve it.

Shane

Hi @UserX,

Welcome to the community!

The troubleshooting given above should fix the SMTP Email Authentication Issue. You may also visit this thread.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Sending-email/m-p/1699

Can you also post the screen shot of the error message you're getting with the email?

Cheers!

whitepa
Level 3

I am now getting the message I am banned as well.

trying to send old emails from my old version of outlook to my new computer and I got the banned message, I changed password but so far nothing.

I would also like to know what previous abuse I have done in order to be banned.

Seems like I am having more and more trouble with TPG by the week and would not recommend them to anyone at the moment

whitepa
Level 3

looks like TPG are staying with there We will get back to you in 24 hours and then dont get back to you

PAC789
Level 2

I have changed my password and still receive the banned message. I only send about one email a day so can not understand why TPG are doing this to me