TPG Community

Get online support

Bosch Solution 16 Plus Dial out not working with recent NBN HFC connection

Level 2

Can someond advise if the modem supplied by TPG will dial out to alarm monitoring company.  Have a Bosch Solution 16 Plus alarm.

What cables should be where in the modem or do I require some changes to alarm panel / system?

4 REPLIES 4
Will

Hi @4158380 

Welcome to the Community!

The phone1 port of the modem is the one configured for the VOIP service. That being said, we strongly suggest for you to reach out to your security provider to confirm if your alarm device is compatible with the NBN.

Regards,

Level 2

Thanks - Will try connecting cable to different socket

Will

No worries, @4158380 

Let us know how it goes. If you have other concerns or questions, you may leave us a comment as well.

Chrisaaah
Level 2

Hi,

Probably a bit late for you however it may help others. I have a Bosch Solutions 16 Plus and was told by various alarm companies that I needed to upgrade the motherboard to the 6000 wireless system, replace the controller and pay for an Ifob membership. All up around $800. Connected to the NBN with TPG last week. As luck woud have it the Bosch comms line was connected to the same phone outlet the NBN box was being plugged into. The Tech had to disconnect the Bosch comms cable to connect the NBN however I fitted a standard RJ12 phone connector to it and plugged it into the second Phone outlet in the TPG modem (it has two) and Voila!!, received a text message from the System advising that Comms were restored and tested normal.

Obviously you need the phone as part of your NBN package and I left the ADSL line filter connected in the Bosch control box.

Hope this helps others