TPG Community

Get online support

CG NAT issue for 4G Home Wireless Port forwarding.

manly009
Level 2

Hi there,

I have recently upgraded to 4G wireless broadband. Port Forwarding stopped working. 

So, does TPG plan to upgrade Home Wireless so a user can get a proper dynamic IPv4 address for port forwarding?

Does TPG plan to upgrade Home Wireless to IPv6 so a user can have a static IPv6 address for port forwarding?

Thanks

Manly

2 REPLIES 2
drbob
Level 6

An internet search revealed that the issue of port-forwarding in CG-NAT systems is of interest to many people and some have come up with working solutions.

Like you, I would prefer a solution from TPG - I rather like the idea of "one stop shopping"! However, I think that it is unlikely that TPG will offer a public IPv4 address as the CG-NAT was introduced to reduce the number  of public IPv4 addresses required!

Shane

Hi @manly009

I cannot give any confirmation if IPV6 will be provided to TPG Home Wireless in the future. Any new updates on this plan will definitely be posted here.

Regards,

Hi there,

I have recently upgraded to 4G wireless broadband. Port Forwarding stopped working. 

So, does TPG plan to upgrade Home Wireless so a user can get a proper dynamic IPv4 address for port forwarding?

Does TPG plan to upgrade Home Wireless to IPv6 so a user can have a static IPv6 address for port forwarding?

Thanks

Manly