TPG Community

Get online support

Can no longer send group emails

Molly
Level 3

I have a group email that I use at least twice a month, yesterday when I tried to send my group email. It came back with an error message. This is the first time this has happened. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
david64
Level 15

Hi @Molly . What error message do you get? Are you using Post Office (webmail) or email client? How many in the group?

Molly
Level 3

The size of the messaage you are trying to send exceeds a temporary size limit of the server. Approximately 30. I have been able to send these emails previously. This is the first month I haven't been able to.

Molly
Level 3

I am using Thunderbird

david64
Level 15

@Molly . Are there any numerical error codes?

What sort of stuff are you sending? Just text or attachments? There is a size limit on emails - approx 20MB.

david64
Level 15

@Molly . Regarding size, you could try sending the email to yourself and see if it gets to your Inbox.

You could also try using Post Office (webmail).

Molly
Level 3

This is the message I get

The size of the message you are trying to send exceeds a temporary size limit of the server. The message was not sent; try to reduce the message size or wait some time and try again. The server responded: 4.5.3 [TPG-R02] Too many recipients.

david64
Level 15

@Molly . At this time, I can only suggest splitting the list of recipients. Try sending to 5, then the next 10, then the rest. Or even doing it over a few days. The mail server may need to get used to you doing this. (This was put forward as a solution to this error in Outlook.)

TPG will ask if you have tried using Post Office, so you might try this next. 

Otherwise, you could send an email to postmaster@tpg.com.au explaining the problem. Include the full error message and that it is a group email and using Thunderbird and either no or a small attachment.