Can't receive Email

pbcooper
Level 2

I am unable to receive email to Outlook 365. Email address is pbcooper@tpg.com.au. Sending email is ok.

I receive the following error message:

Task 'pbcooper@tpg.com.au - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC1A) : 'Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for additional assistance.'

3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Hi pbcooper.

Have you made a change to the client or has it been updated? 

What parameters do you use for SMTP and POP3?

You can search on google for the error code.

Outlook error 0x800ccc1a occurs when there is an issue about Secure Socket Layer (SSL). It is typically due to the wrong port number specified to POP3 or SMTP servers. This error does not allow you to perform tasks like sending and opening emails on your Outlook client.

Moi
Level 2
Level 2

I have the same issue - cannot receive emails but can send them. I also have this exact same error message but I use Outlook 2010.

More details here https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/9pljmlr9?r=67958593#r67958593

No settings have changed at my end. Last Windows Update was over 2 weeks ago and incoming emails were working fine up until Monday 26/10 so that's not the cause either.

I think something has changed on the TPG email servers.

My Outlook 2010 is configured to use POP3 port 995 with SSL which is no longer working for me. If I set the port to 110 without SSL, I am able to receive emails. However, I would like to have SSL enabled.

What's really weird though is that the Gmail app on my android phone is also setup for POP3 port 995 SSL/TLS and it's still working fine.

Rica_R

Hi @pbcooper 

Welcome to the Community!

If outgoing email is working, may we know if you were you able to try to use TPG Post Office to check if outgoing email is working? If not, please try it first.

Once confirmed that the TPG email is working through TPG Post Office, then try to reconfigure your TPG Email in  Outlook 365 with changing the port and authentication.

Let us know how it goes.