Cannot send emails

macthfac
Level 2

Problem report 10796156 initiated am hours 7 Sep - backing up from yesterday.

"The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's email address. The sender's email address was 'macthfac@tpg.com.au'.

Subject 'Re: TPG Email Issue'

Server Error: 535

Server Response: 535 5.7.8 [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User macthfac@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse

Server: 'mail.tpg.com.au'

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78

Protocol: SMTP

Port: 25

Secure(SSL): No"

I use Windows live mail. Advised yesterday by TPG Help Desk "You will receive the error if your account has been detected by our system that it is sending a SPAM email. To resolve this issue, you need to change the password of your email account via My Account. Please run a full scan on your computer to make sure that no malware/virus that affects your account."

A full scan was conducted using Trend Micro Maximum Security and my password was changed twice without success. Can only send emails from TPG Post Office.

Please advise how to resolve this problem,

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @macthfac ,

Thanks for raising this to us. Since you're able to perform basic troubleshooting related to this issue, please send us the account details ( Customer ID/Username together with the affected e-mai address. )

In case you need reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@macthfac wrote:

Problem report 10796156 initiated am hours 7 Sep - backing up from yesterday.

"The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's email address. The sender's email address was 'macthfac@tpg.com.au'.

Subject 'Re: TPG Email Issue'

Server Error: 535

Server Response: 535 5.7.8 [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User macthfac@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse

Server: 'mail.tpg.com.au'

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78

Protocol: SMTP

Port: 25

Secure(SSL): No"

I use Windows live mail. Advised yesterday by TPG Help Desk "You will receive the error if your account has been detected by our system that it is sending a SPAM email. To resolve this issue, you need to change the password of your email account via My Account. Please run a full scan on your computer to make sure that no malware/virus that affects your account."

A full scan was conducted using Trend Micro Maximum Security and my password was changed twice without success. Can only send emails from TPG Post Office.

Please advise how to resolve this problem,