TPG Community

Get online support

Cant send email. Says user is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse

pavlos24
Level 2

I can not sent e-mails I chanced my TPG password yesterday ,scan my computer for virus. I do not know what else to do. I m using Mozilla thunderbird. Can someone help me pls  

4 REPLIES 4
tesbc
Level 2

Also getting the same issue after resetting password and leaving it for 12 hours.

Shane

Hi @pavlos24 & @tesbc,

For customers who are getting this kind of error when sending emails, we have created this article that may help in resolving the issue.

Cannot Send Email Rejected by the Server/Banned from using SMTP

In your case, since you have already tried to change the password, we have remotely removed the ban and you will need to wait for 30 minutes for this changes to take effect.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Gurt
Level 2

Hi, hope you can help, I keep getting the same message whenever I'm away from home, at home I can send messages no problem. Have tried the changing password way as advised but still no good.

Riezl

Hi @Gurt , please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account. Please also include the email address you're having issues with.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community