TPG Community

Get online support

Change password for slave email

SOLVED Go to solution
JMBower
Level 2

I am trying to change the password for a slave email address. I log in to account, click on change password, and it tells me I have to update my account information. I click on account information and enter my details and nothing changes - it does not save. I need to change my password and your systems are not letting me.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
MarN

Hi JMBower,

I suggest you call Customer Service at 13 14 23 (Option 3 + 1) for assistance. They will need to verify your identity for security reason since this already involves password.

View solution in original post

drbob
Level 6

Further to my message earlier, I have now arranged to have the passwords on three slave email accounts changed. This was done by Basil (one of the moderators) arranging for a TPG Customer Service Representative to call me during an appointed time window who, after checking ids, changed the passwords on the system for me.

For now, it does not seem to be possible to change slave email account passwords by oneself online.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Robert

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
MarN

Hi JMBower,

I suggest you call Customer Service at 13 14 23 (Option 3 + 1) for assistance. They will need to verify your identity for security reason since this already involves password.

drbob
Level 6

Hi,

I would like to change the password of a slave email account which I created for my wife some time ago and as I don't remember what password I used, it is possible for me to change the password? There does not seem to be any option in "Manage your Email Accounts" to change passwords?

Note: This is not about changing the password to my tpg account.

Regards,

Robert

Shane

Hi @drbob,

You can reset the password of your slave account by the 'Forgot password' procedure. You may visit this

link.

Let us know how it will go, cheers!

Regards,

drbob
Level 6

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Unfortunately, the page you sent is about changing my (main) tpg password, not the password of a slave email account.

If I go to "Postoffice" from the main page and then click on "Forgot your password?" I am prompted to enter my tpg user name or customer id and postcode. I tried the user name I assigned to my wife and correct postcode and thedisplayed word and I get back "The username, customer id or postcode entered in invalid".

Needless to say I have checked the information entered and attempted twice.

Anything else I could try?

By the way, what do the "Deactivate" and "Detach" buttons in "Manage your email accounts" do?

Regards,

Robert

BasilDV

Hi @drbob,

Detaching an email account will permanently delete the account. This action can not be reversed and so the account cannot be used again.

Deactivating an email account will disable the account and can be reactivated again in future.

As of the moment, we are currently experiencing technical difficulties on our "Forget password" feature. We will arrange a call from our Customer service team to help us reset the password manually.

Please shoot me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted today.

How to send a PM? Click here.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

boycy
Level 2

I need to do the same thing, has this been solved yet?

Thanks

Shane

Hi @boycy,

You need to log-in your slave Username/Password to https://www.tpg.com.au/home/myaccount.

Note: Slave Username is different from the original TPG Username.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

drbob
Level 6

I was asked to PM a phone number to get a call from Customer Service to help me change the password but I decided not to follow through as I was concerned that I may end up with a change to may tpg account password and not the password of a slave email account.

So, not, the problem has not been solved.

My current thinking is to delete the slave email and create a new one.

BasilDV

Hi @drbob,

When it asked to enter your TPG username or customer ID number, you may use the username of your slave account. The username is basically the email address without the '@tpg.com.au'.

Once you've tried it and worked, please update the community to help the viewers.

Kind regards,

BasilDV