TPG Community

Get online support

Connected, no internet

AndrewCC
Level 2

My interntet stopped working this morning. After looking at several sites I realized the optics light on my FTTP connection box is red. Any troubleshooting methods I've found and tried haven't worked

9 REPLIES 9
alanguide
Level 7

We know from the NBN Optical light red that the feed is not getting through to your premises (it's not your own router etc), and as it is FTTP we also know that troublesome copper joints are not concerned. There is a fibre break or outage. Check with outages. Also is there any great drama (eg major emergency road works) near you. Could the fibre be locally damaged? Mods will check at the POI end (where they connect with the network).

AndrewCC
Level 2

I've checked online and it seems like there's no outage at my adress

There was a lot of lightning last night if that could've done something

alanguide
Level 7

Yes, if it was very close it might have damaged your NBN NTD (box) or partly reset it, via the mains (fibre itself is impervious to lightning but mains connected equipment is not). Try powering it off, wait 10 seconds and power it on again and wait. If this is no go, you may need an NBN tech out to check or replace, which mods will arrange. I am assuming that you are FTTP. Post a photo of your NBN 'Box' to make sure!

AndrewCC
Level 2

Yeah, I've tried turning it on and off a few times with no luck

Photo attached

alanguide
Level 7

Yes FTTP. The NTD belongs to NBN and they will have to replace it unless there is some problem external to you. Good luck.

Do you want to set up a hotspot with your mobile to tide you over? Warning; it may trample on your mobile data allowance!

AndrewCC
Level 2

I've already got a mobile hotspot set up for the moment. Who do I need to contact about the NTD being replaced?

alanguide
Level 7

Contact with NBN must be via the RSP so a Private Message to any of the mods here, or phone TPG. Sorry I couldn't help further!

AndrewCC
Level 2

Been a big help already, thanks

BasilDV

Hi @AndrewCC 

Your message has been received and will be waiting for your response.

BasilDV