TPG Community

Get online support

Connection Keeps Dropping Out and Reconnecting - New Install

SOLVED Go to solution
Will

Hi @markberk1

I noticed that as well on the test results we have performed. It seems like the speed is fluctuating for some reason. I'm glad though that NBNCo has already confirmed the appointment, which you were already advised via SMS earlier. Let's see how it goes once NBNCo tech attends the appointment and check/resolve the dropouts and fluctuating speed.

Should you have any further questions, feel free to drop by.

Regards,

markberk1
Level 5

Hi @Will 

Last week I thought it was said speed was reduced to 32Mbps, from the usual 45Mbps, so TPG/NBN could see drop outs occur even at slower speeds, something like that anyway.

I just thought it odd that it would be swapping between those two speeds now, and thought TPG might be capping it again for some reason.

Will

Hi @markberk1

Usually, once the adjustment is made on the line, the speed drops as a result. In your case, although the adjustment is still there, your modem at times, is still able to get a better speed.

Let's see how it goes after the NBN tech checks your line. Keep us posted here if you need our assistance still.

Regards,

markberk1
Level 5

Hi @Will 

Checked this morning at 7am and no internet. Thought NBN was doing something on the line so left modem on. NBN came and checked line-in and found no fault, checked line to modem and no fault, but modem wasn't connecting or trying to connect (DSL light was on steady and stayed on when line was disconnected).

NBN reckons this new modem is faulty - and probably the last one too, might also account for varying speed (32 - 45Mbps) noted in last few days when it should have stayed at 32Mbps?

What now, new modem?

(Just rebooted modem and it connected but will it work tomorrow, and will drop outs speed fluctuations continue.)

Will

Hi @markberk1

I checked the ticket we've raised to NBNCo and it seems like they are indeed pointing this out as a modem issue. However, this is quite unusual since you have already tried 2 modems.

I will be engaging our Engineering Team regarding this latest update from NBNCo. Most likely, we will try to get the full report first from NBNCo as to their findings. Our Engineering Team then will be contact you via SMS or call to discuss on how the case will be progressed.

Regards,

markberk1
Level 5

Hi @Will 

Can you ask TPG Engineering to SMS rather than call, I don't hear well on the phone.

Yes, you'd think one out of two modems would be good, but this one does appear to be having obvious issues - with DSL light staying on when cable is disconnected, and not flashing when cable is connected.

If you recall, I mentioned I had trouble with this new modem at first - had to reboot and reset a couple times to get it going.

Anyway, I await word on the next move - by SMS or here please.

markberk1
Level 5

Just heard from TPG Eng. Will monitor until tomorrow and take it from there. Will update here ...

Will

Hi @markberk1

I was able to check the notes of the Engineer you spoke to earlier. It looks like in the event that the issue persists, we'll send another TPG technician to confirm the recommendation of NBNCo.

Regards,

markberk1
Level 5

Hi @Will 

I already noticed two drop outs today so far, both around 2:40 duration. Speed has also varied from 32Mbps to 45 and back again. The issue persists.

Will

Hi @markberk1

I have already notified our Engineering Team about this.

Regards,