TPG Community

Get online support

Connection Keeps Dropping Out and Reconnecting - New Install

SOLVED Go to solution
markberk1
Level 5

Thanks @Will 

I heard from TPG Eng this morning and if I heard right (because I still don't hear well on the phone) I can expect a TPG engineer to visit again, and another modem to try out - because the current one is faulty, evidently and according to NBN tech who visited.

Can you confirm a TPG engineer will be visiting, and a new modem will be sent? Or did I hear wrong?

Will

Hi @markberk1

Based on the notes, the assigned Engineer has rejected NBNCo's resolution and raised a modem replacement request.

We're not sending a TPG technician yet.

Regards,

markberk1
Level 5

Hi @Will 

It's beginning to feel like we're going in circles. But decreasing ones perhaps ... :-)

Let's see if the third modem resolves the issues, of drop outs and varying speeds.

Will update here ...

Will

Hi @markberk1

We're hoping as well that the 3rd modem will give us a clear direction on how this issue will be resolved since NBNCo has already responded and insisted that there's no issue with the line itself.

Let's wait for the modem to be sent to you. You will be notified of the consignment once it's available.

Regards,

Will

Hi @markberk1,

The 3rd modem has been sent via Startrack. An SMS was sent to you providing the shipping details.

Once you receive the modem, please plug it in and monitor your connection. Let us know if you're still having dropouts afterward.

Regards,

markberk1
Level 5

Thanks @Will 

I got modem this morning and have setup and running, no problem so far.

Will update here ...

Will

Hi @markberk1

Thanks for keeping us posted. I ran tests and it's also showing stable on our end at the moment. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

It seems like you've spoken to the Assigned Engineer as well and that you agreed to monitor the connection until tomorrow.

Do let us know if you need our help further.

Regards,

markberk1
Level 5

Hi @Will 

There was no drop outs last night - I had come to expect them to start around 6pm after your techs sorted the wiring. But I am also told NBN has been down locally due to weather, with some remedial works on, and not many people are back online yet.

So I would like to monitor for another couple days to confirm issue is corrected, or have the line fault show again with more time and traffic. Make sense?

Will

That's good news @markberk1

I can see that the modem's connection has been stable for 1 day and 3 hours on my end as well.

Please do monitor your connection and let us know if you encounter dropouts again.

Regards,

markberk1
Level 5

Hi @Will 

Multi drop outs tonight, starting around 6.45pm and again around 7.45pm, for between 8 seconds and 3.5 minutes at a time.

Speed dropped around the same time to 12Mbps but recovered to 40+Mbps soon after.