TPG Community

Get online support

Constant adsl2+ dropouts speeds 1Mbps-0.00mbps !!!!

T_P_G_Fail
Level 2

TPG

Since before Xmas 2017 there have been intermittent and now frequent daily dropouts and huge speed drops- from "optimal" @8mbps down to 1 Mbps and under. No matter if I run Speedtest on wifi tablets or phones or laptops or hard wired Foxtel box and PS4 - result is the same. Likely an Open line fault on old copper wire to the premises or interference possibly due to nbn traffic or existing problem that was never properly fixed by onsite technician when I connected tpg to this address. I have never got adsl2+ speeds of 10-11 Mbps as advertised even if my modem/router manager or exchange says I do. Best I can hope for is around 7-8 Mbps on a good day if it decides not to drop in and out of 1mbps and under!. This is extremely poor service once again tpg, and needs to be fixed immediately . If I am basically paying 60 a month for what are dial up speeds in 2018 and can barely stream Netflix (yet tpg rates itself fastest!) or even some music on YouTube or digital radio it's simply not good enough and complete waste of my time and money. Please respond with an immediate solution or direct me to account cancellations.

8 REPLIES 8
Jordanb
Level 2
I'm experiencing the same thing. Since before xmas too. In the last 2 hrs I was having 8 mins of connection then a full dropout. Rebooting router occasionly trying to fix it. I'm from northside of brisbane, where are you having the same issue at?
Shane

Hi @T_P_G_Fail,

Welcome to the community!

I'd love to help and fix this connection issue. To better understand the situation kindly PM me your account details.

(Username/Customer ID or contact number associated with the account). I'll have this checked.

Regards,

T_P_G_Fail
Level 2

Marrickville, Sydney 

Shane

Hi @Jordanb,

Thanks for sending me your details. Based on initial test results, there is a possible line issue causing the connection to drop-out.

I escalated this case to our Engineering Team for further investigation. Assessment may take 24-48hrs and you will be contacted via SMS or Phone Call.

Regards,

T_P_G_Fail
Level 2

Hi Shane, I have pm you my details. There is landline dial tone but still constant and daily up/down roller coaster instability- am or pm. Although when speed shoots back up it hits over 10mbps which is unusual. Then goes down to nothing or under 1mbps. Netflix is chunky/unusable which makes it a waste of money which I won't be compensated for. And forget about psn gaming. And I am about to install home security cameras which obviously need Ethernet. No technician has contacted me to arrange a site visit, only been sent usual email which treats me like an idiot telling me to reboot modem, blaming my equipment when its obviously an external fault etc etc-

with regards,

Shane

Hi @T_P_G_Fail,

Thanks for sending me your details. I will run initial tests on your connection and see what is causing drop-outs and slow connection.

I'll get back to you shortly.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @T_P_G_Fail,

Based on tests result there is a possible line issue causing the to drop-out. I'd like to know on which device(s) you experience a slow connection and the drop-out that occurred.

Can you PM me your best contact number and preferred time today.

I will have one of our Technicians to call you for further tests and investigation.

I will wait for your response, cheers!

Jordanb
Level 2

Hello Shane, 

I'm using my desktop computer wired into the router - ethernet. wifi is as consistent with the dropouts. the dropouts are still happening every 5mins even as i type this. 

my best number to contact is 0431100064 after 1430 weekdays 

thankyou in advance

Jordan