TPG Community

Get online support

Constant drop outs NBN 50 - Useless mdodem - TPLink Archer VR1600V

SOLVED Go to solution
xr64me
Level 3

To whom it may concern,

I have had just about enough of the NBN, it is absolute rubbish!!! 

We are paying for a service that we are not getting. Now in the last 2 days I have had very unstable internet and I have used 15gb from my mobile provider and god only knows how many gigs been used from the rest of the family with their data. I'm sick and tired of TPG blaming a third party for the issues!!! TPG need to start excepting some responsability and reimbursing for data use that they are not providing. So in good faith I purchased a new modem TPLink Archer VR1600V around November 2019 as the first modem only had a very short life span, furthermore my original Netgear AC 1600 is far more superior to the rubbish I have been given. As soon as someone else as issues in the street with their internet or rain. The technician arrives and does his bit then not long after that I have issues or maybe the modem has failed again?. So therefore, I am concidering on closing my account with TPG and going else where,or just permanently hotspoting my phone as I'm getting a far better service with no drop outs or lag when watching Netflix or Stan!!!!! 

Kind Regards

Xr64me    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
xr64me
Level 3

Hi @BasilDV

Many thanks for the prompt reply. I have now recieved a fault ticket and I will monitor the situation. Speed test today 47 down and 19 up and all is very stable at the moment. I will keep you infomed of any changes.

Once again thank you. 

Regards

xr64me

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BasilDV

Hi @xr64me

TPG relies on the NBN Co’s infrastructure to deliver our NBN services. These infrastructures are not fault free and on occasion, may be affected by unplanned outages or force majeure which can subsequently affect the NBN service we deliver to you.

We've tested the NBN line and detected a possible fault within the network, which requires further investigation. Our Engineering team is assessing the case and will provide you with the updates within 24 to 48 hours once available.

BasilDV

xr64me
Level 3

Hi @BasilDV

Many thanks for the prompt reply. I have now recieved a fault ticket and I will monitor the situation. Speed test today 47 down and 19 up and all is very stable at the moment. I will keep you infomed of any changes.

Once again thank you. 

Regards

xr64me