TPG Community

Get online support

Constant drop outs this past week

SOLVED Go to solution
catan
Level 3
For the past week I've been having drop outs and up to 8 hours a day of no internet at home. If a mod could run some tests on my connection I'd appreciate it.

DSL light is constantly flashing.

Have tried power cycling, soft reset, hard reset, software reboot, changing cables, wired/wireless connections.

About two months ago I had the same problem and got in touch then as well.

Cheers.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @catan,

We have identified that the issue is with the network controlled by the NBN co. This unfortunately means only NBN co. technicians have the authority to fix this fault. The initial date provided is the earliest date available provided to us by our wholesale partner NBN. Based on the latest log on file, NBN Co. gave us the earliest appointment on 28 December 2020, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM. Updates will be provided by one of our Engineers via SMS or Phone call when it becomes available.

We apologise for any inconvenience. 

Regards,

I'm still waiting for someone to come out. First they came on the wrong day, and the second time they let me know only hours before that my time slot was "no longer available".

I've been without internet for 6-7 days now and I essentially can't communicate properly with any of my friends and family around the world.

I'd never expect someone to come out on Xmas day, and I suppose Boxing Day is also a no go, and then the 27th is a Sunday.. So I'm looking at the earliest of the 28th for my issue to even be diagnosed, let alone fixed?

Come on.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @catan 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and gone ahead and tested the line.

There's a possible fault within the NBN line, which needs to be investigated. This has been raised to our Engineering team and updates will be given via SMS or phone call as soon as an update becomes available.

BasilDV

catan
Level 3
I'm still waiting for someone to come out. First they came on the wrong day, and the second time they let me know only hours before that my time slot was "no longer available".

I've been without internet for 6-7 days now and I essentially can't communicate properly with any of my friends and family around the world.

I'd never expect someone to come out on Xmas day, and I suppose Boxing Day is also a no go, and then the 27th is a Sunday.. So I'm looking at the earliest of the 28th for my issue to even be diagnosed, let alone fixed?

Come on.
Shane

Hi @catan,

We have identified that the issue is with the network controlled by the NBN co. This unfortunately means only NBN co. technicians have the authority to fix this fault. The initial date provided is the earliest date available provided to us by our wholesale partner NBN. Based on the latest log on file, NBN Co. gave us the earliest appointment on 28 December 2020, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM. Updates will be provided by one of our Engineers via SMS or Phone call when it becomes available.

We apologise for any inconvenience. 

Regards,

Come on.