Constant dropouts

Rameses
Level 2

I live in the Somerville, Vic area

This may be more of a NBN issue than a TPG one but...I pay for the fastest available FTN service and it drops out constantly , especially if there is rain about. The trend has got worse over the last few months as I guess more subscribers come on line. Its appalling service really. 

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @Rameses 

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages. If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage 

Let us have your Customer ID or username via private message in order for us to check the status of your connection. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Rameses
Level 2

My connection is fine. It runs ok and the speed is as advertised.  But the brief droputs which occur constantly are infuriating. 

Ahra_G

Hi @Rameses 

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

The best way for us to check the status of the line is real-time or when you are experiencing the issue. 

Regards,

Ahra_G