DNS issues

Puffetic
Level 2

Anyone in Melbourne noticing DNS issues?  I've confirmed some sites will only load via a private VPN, so I'm trying to determine how widespread this might be.

Unfortunately the TPG provided VX220 router doesn't let me change the DNS servers to Google, so it appears I'm stuck.

An example is wikipedia.org, but I'm also failing to connect to Yahoo mail and it also looks like adult content sites could be affected, so I would imagine this would start a riot if it's widespread!

I've tried the standard power reset router, clearing cache, resertting network settings etc.  Since these sites work on Telstra, I'm suspecting TPG.

Regards,

Dave

4 REPLIES 4
david64
Master

Hi @Puffetic . Did you look in Advanced, Network, EWAN.  Modify interface and select Advanced?

Another user had problem with Yahoo mail but reported it as fixed last night.

You can modify your adapter settings in Windows to specify DNS.

Goanna83
Level 2
I'm in Melbourne and have been having a DNS server problem with all Yahoo sites since yesterday. Can't access any Yahoo sites via WiFi but can access them using Vodafone mobile data.
I'm technologically illiterate so asked my brother who isn't tech illiterate to try and fix it. He couldn't fix it and thought the problem is with my IP.
I've called TPG and have been on hold for the last half an hour. Will keep holding because I need this fixed!!
Puffetic
Level 2

Unfortunately there's no DNS settings in the EWAN setup on the TP Link VX220-G2v, but fortunately it looks like TPG have now resolved the issue... although I never got a response to the case I logged.

I might look further into a better router, as I'm thinking I'll change to a Google DNS regardless.

Just FYI, because I had the Speedtest app on all my Apple devices, I just turned on the VPN , which kept me functioning for the 36 hours.

BasilDV

Hi guys, are you still experiencing issues?

Just send us a private message with your account details and we'll check it for you.

BasilDV