DNS not updating

bighead
Level 2

I was setting up a website and find that the domain name was not resolved for more than 24 hours. I asked the provider and I was told it's ok at their end. I asked friends in US and NZ, they all saw my new website. Only myself couldn't see it, let alone working on it.

Eventually I found it's TPG's DNS problem. As soon as I change to google's public DNS (8.8.8.8), Every thing is ok. I tried to switch backwards and forwards, it's definately TPG DNS problem.

I thought TPG should know this and it shouldn't happen.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @bighead,

Thanks for raising this to us. I will escalate this to our Engineering Team for investigation, please shoot me a private message with the URL of the inaccessible website together with your best contact number and preferred time.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

regards,

I was setting up a website and find that the domain name was not resolved for more than 24 hours. I asked the provider and I was told it's ok at their end. I asked friends in US and NZ, they all saw my new website. Only myself couldn't see it, let alone working on it.

Eventually I found it's TPG's DNS problem. As soon as I change to google's public DNS (8.8.8.8), Every thing is ok. I tried to switch backwards and forwards, it's definately TPG DNS problem.

I thought TPG should know this and it shouldn't happen.