TPG Community

Get online support

DSL and Internet dropping out frequently on TP-Link Archer VR1600 modem

eddiez82
Level 2

Hi TPG,

The NBN internet on my TP-Link Archer VR1600 has been dropping out very frequently over the last few days and it is increasingly frustrating to me and my partner. The power and 2.4G and 5G lights stay on however the DSL and Internet lights would go off. This morning (5/1/2019) was particularly bad. TPG provided a replacement modem recently however the drop-out issues are still occurring.

Appreciate your swift response.

Regards,

Eddie

15 REPLIES 15
BasilDV

Hi @eddiez82,

Thanks for raising this with us.

I've run some remote test and was not able to detect any fault on the NBN network. The connection seemed stable since yesterday, but as I reviewed the account further and seen the dropouts that you've experienced.

Is the issue time specific or is it occurring anytime of the day?

What are the troubleshooting that you've done so far? Have you tried to reset the modem to get it back to its default settings?

Please shoot me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted. I'll arrange a call from our Tech team to look into it further.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

eddiez82
Level 2

Hi BasilDV,

The issue is not time specific. It seems to have occurred in the evening and also throughout the day.

As for troubleshooting, I have done both hard and soft reboots but that has not had any impact to the dropouts.

With regards to my preferred time to be contacted, do you need me to be in front of the modem during the call?

Regards,
Eddie

Riezl

Yes, @eddiez82. Feel free to PM us your best contact number and most convenient time to receive a call for troubleshooting.

eddiez82
Level 2

Hi TPG,

This is still a continuing problem even though I have tried using a different modem. The dropouts are still occurring several times a day and is getting highly frustrating.

Please escalate this to your Customer Relations team for resolution. 

Regards,

Eddie 

BasilDV

Hi @eddiez82,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've raised this with our Engineering team for further investigation as we've run some test and can confirm the massive dropouts that you've been experiencing.

They'll be in touch within 24 to 48 hours for an update. Just leave everything On and connected.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

mickmccauley
Level 3

Hi, was this ever resolved?  I have the same problem with Archer VR1600.  Drops out randomly.

thanks

Will

Hi @mickmccauley

Welcome to the Community!

Using your community details, I was able to pull up your TPG account. It seems like you have contacted us on February 16 for the same concern which we raised to NBNCo due to a line fault we've detected at that time. Based on the ticket, NBNCo has tagged it resolved on 20/02/2019 15:12 AEDT after performing a repair.

I can see that you have sent as an SMS advising us that you've incurred a dropout on February 21 at 22:38 QLD time. Since this still being monitored by one of our Engineers. I have advised our Engineering Team to contact you before 4PM QLD time today.

Regards,

mickmccauley
Level 3

Hi, yes the enginner did call me ........ and surprisingly told me that the line going down sometimes is a normal thing.

It's just gone down again a few minutes ago. 

Shane

Hi @mickmccauley,

We ran an initial test on your service it shows connected for 7h 11m stable and getting passing speed on the line . We'd like to confirm on which device(s) do you experience the dropouts.

If its on a device(s) connected via Wireless/Wi-Fi we did an article that will help you improve your wireless connection available here.

Let us know how it will go. Cheers!