TPG Community

Get online support

DSL constantly drops out and recconects straight away

YNWA8896
Level 2

Hi All

Recently my internet connection has become very unreliable constantly dropping out only to reconnect straight away.

I have tried a new modem, cables etc and there are no other ports available in my unit...

It is the DSL cable light that flashes and then returns solid after about 10 seconds every time.Usually happens more often after rain.

Please help because i have tried everything i can from inside the house..

Thankyou

Dylan

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @YNWA8896,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and it shows the massive dropouts that you've experienced.

We've run some remote test and was able to detect a high voltage on the line which is possibly caused by the rain. We've escalated the case to our Engineering team for further investigation. They'll be in touch within 24 to 48 hours using the number that we have on your file.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

YNWA8896
Level 2

Thank you BasilDV!

Still constantly dropping out today as well so i will make sure i have my phone with me!

Cheers

Dylan

BasilDV

Hi @YNWA8896,

We understand that our Engineering team has been in touch and informed you that the case is already raised to Telstra since there's an evident line fault.

They have booked a technician to check your TPG service anytime between now and 12/Jan/2019. Your attendance is not required.

Further updates will be given by your assigned Engineer.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

YNWA8896
Level 2

Hi BasilDV,

Yes the problem was resolved on the 9th and there were no dropouts for 4 days...we were extremely happy with the response time and end result.

But now since monday the continous dropouts are back!

Please reply ASAP because my partner and I are desperate for a stable connection that we once had.

Thanks

Dylan

Erika

Hi @YNWA8896

I'm sorry to hear that there remain some issues with your connection. 

I've checked the previous case and can see that a Telstra technician has been dispatched. Based on their report, they've fixed the issue at the pillar. 

Our tests shows that the connection still does drop but currently we're not detecting any physical damage on the line outside that would affect your internet connection. 

I've now re-escalated this to our Engineering team for further assessment. They'll be in touch with you on your mobile [number we have on file] via SMS or phone call. Should you have a preferred contact time and number, please let us know and we'll arrange this for you. 

I've made temporary changes on the line to help also improve the stability of the connection. 

We will be keeping a close eye on your case and will provide you with updates where possible.

Regards,